stefanoferruggiara

Custom Background And Font Color In Content Box

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Hi there,

i'm looking for change the background and font color of the Content Box.

I try with Firebug but.. nothing work .. i'm only able to change all the content background color or all the font color but what i'm searching is change the background and the font color only in the content box section. 

My content box is in the more footer section but in the more footer section i have the secondary menu that i would like dont change (now is with black background and different color for effect)

Anyone can suggest me the right css code?

Thanks for fast reply

"Se c'è una sola possibilità.. lo faccio, se non c'è.. la creo!"

Coach Stefano Ferruggiara, Allenatore Fisico & Mentale

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Catrina i just found now the right code for the background in content box but not for change the font color in the same section.

#contentbox {
        background: #bcbcbc;
}

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

The problem is that this change the color in all the content box and i would like that this change one in the content box of a specific page.

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

If the content box is in a side bar o other template part .. what i would like is understand how set.. the coloro of font and background of a specific content box.. for example in the page or post id=1774 etc...

catrina    103
catrina

You need to use the page id found in the body tag on the page. For example, if you inspect the body tag with Firebug, you should see a number in it that looks like this: page-id-#. You use that in the body class selector in the CSS like this:

body.page-id-#

(replace # with the ID number on the page)

• Like 1

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Please Catrina you can be more specify showing me the complete code (with content box section)?

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

I know how use with id but not when referring to specific section as a content box in a specific page.

batman    389
batman

Hi Stefano

Catrina said .page-id-XXXX

Something like .page-id-2341 #contentbox { background: #bcbcbc;}

If you also wish to know how I find the page ID, all you need to do is load up FireBug or Google Chromes web dev tool and inspect your page html, at the top you should see body which has a number of classes assigned to it, one of these is page-id-XX (replace XX with your pages id value. I have added a danny´s screenshot to assist you.

http://screencast.com/t/HOsjhjnUIYX

• Like 1

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

stefanoferruggiara    5
stefanoferruggiara

Thanks my friend .. please you can add to this code also the css for change the font color please?

batman    389
batman

Hi again

You can try with

.fboxtext { color: red;}

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Danny    1,327
Danny

When creating custom CSS, do not use the ID for the section, each section comes with its own unique class(es).

For example:

.section-features

Use this instead of the ID, as ID's can over power all other custom CSS, which is not ideal, especially if this site is for a client. As for the font color, try using color: in your code or maybe targeting a, p etc... in your code.

Please search our forums, before posting!