arlomiller

Grids And Boxed

arlomiller    7
arlomiller

I would like to put two boxes in a row, but would like the first box to be twice as wide as the second.  Is there a way to use the Grid to do this?  Is there any other way to do this?

arlomiller    7
arlomiller

After putting in the grid, how would i put boxes into it?  Or does everything have to manually coded at that point?

catrina    103
catrina

You can't put boxes inside a grid. The the Boxes are a section, which are implemented separately from the shortcode for the grid in Drag & Drop (and set to hide where you wish using PageLines Meta Settings). If you're using the grid system already, I don't see any for the boxes, anyway, since the grid is replacing the boxes.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

arlomiller    7
arlomiller

The grid would house code for the wordpress special recent posts and then a 2nd block of text.  Special Recent posts doesn't work for me in a content area, only in a box.  not known why it only behaves itself in a box.

arlomiller    7
arlomiller

[srp post_limit='3'

post_content_type='excerpt'

post_content_length_mode='fullcontent'

string_break_link='no'

string_break=' '

]

James B    436
James B

Try looking at the boxer plugin, this allows you to set content blocks which will hold shortcodes.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

arlomiller    7
arlomiller

I will, boxer looks like it could help with all kinds of things!

James B    436
James B

Excellent, try it out and let us know if it works for you or if you need further help :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

arlomiller    7
arlomiller

So i'm starting to use Boxer and its pretty useful.  It seems a lot better than wordpress boxes.

boxer wasn't working to display posts, but i found buried in their support that you have to go into posts and update them with boxer settings, then they showed up.

Here is the page I've been working on:

http://dev.millerfamilydermatology.com/home-test-3/

Got a few alignment things that make me crazy.

On my first row of 3 boxes, why does it insist on putting so much space beneath the header text?  Would really like to reduce that.

Then, on my blog posts, it would be nice if the header and the text were horizontally aligned, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Danny    1,327
Danny

The Boxer plugin is a third party plugin and therefore we are unable to provide support, if you require assistance with this plugin, please contact the author.

Please search our forums, before posting!