Sign in to follow this  
joanneshawaiirrcom

How To Change Gray/Black Color on Main Nav Dropdown

joanneshawaiirrcom    0
joanneshawaiirrcom

I am having a problem trying to change the gray/black color on the main navigation drop down menus. The link is http://www.nalofarmfresh.com. I tried using this: #nav ul.dropdown ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li ul li.current_page_item a{ background: #004631; } on the custom code page and I still keep getting the black/gray color. Can anyone please tell me how to change this or give me a code that I can use? Thank you! Joanne

cmunns    16
cmunns

That code will only change the hover color, If you want to take a look at dropdown.css you will see the correct selectors you need to apply. e.g. line ~92 is the selector for the main non-hover color for dropdowns.

joanneshawaiirrcom    0
joanneshawaiirrcom

Thank you. I'm not too proficient in css and not sure I know the area you are talking about in your reply. I am editing within WordPress and this is what I can find: /* Drop Down*/ #nav li{position:relative;} #nav ul ul {display: none;} I don't see anything else like line ~92. Could you please give me the exact line of code that I need to look for? Thank you!

cmunns    16
cmunns

This code is from dropdown.css which is inside of the CSS folder which is inside of the PRO folder on your server. Here is the selector I was talking about at line 92 ` #nav ul.dropdown ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item a, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_item ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li.current_page_ancestor ul li a:hover, #nav ul.dropdown li.menuhover ul li ul li.current_page_item a ` which appears to be the same as you entered above. Where did you say you putting the code?