Sign in to follow this  
mzsigmond

Header Alignment in Whitehouse Pro (Ipad/Iphone browsing)

mzsigmond

I'm hoping someone can help me with what should probably be an easy fix but I can't seem to figure it out.... My site displays normally when viewed from most computer browsers (including Safari); however, when viewed on an Iphone or Ipad the logo (along with the advertisement) on the top does not remain aligned with the left hand side of the main page body....it shifts to the left. I've linked an image to show how it looks when browsing from an Iphone. It's a small cosmetic detail but if someone could help me, I'd very much appreciate it. Iphone view My site

bryan-hadaway

It's not iPhone that's the problem, you just happen to see the problem on your iPhone because everything is squeezed so small. But, in any browser the same problem will happen if you make the browser window smaller. One possible solution could be to add this to your Custom CSS: `body{max-width:960px}` Thanks, Bryan

mzsigmond

Thanks for your help Bryan. I tried your suggestion and it didn't seem to do the trick. I see what you mean that it has nothing to do with the iphone rather just the size of the browser window. I thought it had something to do with the advertisement in the header or perhaps my logo but I noticed the same thing happens on the Whitehouse Pro demo site. I'll keep messing around with the CSS (not that I know what I'm doing though).

cmunns

Right now the header and the main content have separate wrappers. The main section has a extra div that has a width of 1000px with a slight shadow. If you don't want the header to push over to the left you will have to restructure the html so the header is placed inside of the wrapper for the main content section.

mzsigmond

Thanks Adam. Appreciate the suggestion. I have no idea how to do that and it sounds intimidating. I'll probably just leave it the way it is. Cheers.