bsaul

Idea For Wishlist? Branding Widget Section

bsaul    1
bsaul

This seems to be such a popular request that perhaps at some stage we could have a standard section within PageLines similar to the BrandNav, but for a widget section - BrandWidget?

Just a thought... I'm determined to nail the best way to arrange this and will share but perhaps for the future...

Babs

catrina    103
catrina

Are you referring specifically to a vertical menu widget that can be placed in a sidebar?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bsaul    1
bsaul

No, Catrina

Thinking more of having a widget area beside the logo, in the header section.

So in that widget we can have a sign up box, text, whatever we want, basically.

I've done it on one site, but can I remember which? But it was a workaround using other sections.

Rob    547
Rob

You may want to check this out... http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/business-branding/

Or this (and please don't be offended by the name) http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/hooker/

This one lets you insert code for most, if not all the hooks in Framework.  So, if for example, you wanted to place an ad next to the branding, just use both Action Map (to locate the right hook) and Hooker to apply what code you wish.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bsaul    1
bsaul

*Pops off for a play*

Thanks Rob 

James B    436
James B

Just to let you know Business Branding Widget has been launched

http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/business-branding/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bsaul    1
bsaul

Ah James, if that was really a widget it would be brilliant - so often that is what I want to use.

I'm pretty sure it's not, though. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

There really isn't a need I don't think for a Branding Area widget section as you can already use a few Widgetized sections in the Header Template area.

What I would do is simply replace the Branding/BrandNav section with the widgetized section and use a text widget for my logo/title/taglines etc.. and then add any other widgets I wish to use, then use CSS to align the widgets.

Please search our forums, before posting!