ultimativity

2 Sidebars Impinge When Screen Resized

ultimativity    0
ultimativity

Hello Pagelines,

I recently created a subscription iframe through Madmimi. I pasted the embed code in a text widget and placed the widget in Sidebar 1.  On my subscription page, I also have a Sidebar 2.  When viewed in IE 9, and when the screensize is reduced in Mozilla, Sidebar 2 impinges (covers over) part of Sidebar 1. It only impinges a set amount, independent of the amount of screen resizing. 

I reduced the width of the iframe in Sidebar1 to 235 (from 240), but Sidebar 2 still impinges. (both sidebar widths set to 240).

Here is a link to the page http://ultimativity.net/community/706-2/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

post-38159-0-61731400-1354683607_thumb.j

post-38159-0-48198700-1354683608_thumb.j

James B    436
James B

Hi there in sidebar 2 check the embed code to make sure the width and height isn't defined in more than one place. Your best bet is to edit the code inside the iframe directly as using css on iframes can be messy and doesn't usually give the results your looking for.

If possible go back to the source of the iframe code and see if there's options to recreate the advert to a specific size which will fit better inside the iframe.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

ultimativity    0
ultimativity

Thanks for responding. I will try out your suggestions and get back to you.