joshclark

Add Background Image | Fixed | No Tiling

joshclark

I would appreciate assistance on getting the custom CSS code to allow a background image to be fixed so that scrolling doesn't change it and so that it will cover the entire page as opposed to tiling (repeating). Thanks! 

Rob

Hi, you may have missed some basic principles of backgrounds which I'll help with here.

First, a fixed background may be achieved within Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control.  Under Site Background Image, you'll see the settings and upload field for your background image.  The last of which allows you to set the background image to be fixed from the drop down menu.

If you prefer a CSS solution, though none is necessary, you may go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp and find examples of backgrounds set with CSS.  One note, that site describes images as simply the file name wrapped in apostrophes like 'paper.gif'.  A much more proper way to ensure it's visible across the site is to use the entire URL to the image, such as http://www.yoursite.com/uploads/2012/12/paper.gif (the single quotes are no longer necessary).

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

joshclark

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps I am missing something as I don't see that option. To clarify, I am using the iBlogPro5 theme. 

Rob

Ah. Sorry. For some reason, the iBlogPro5 child theme removes the Color Control tab.  That would require the CSS solution in its place.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur