fintan

Thin Blue Line Around Text Inputs & Search Input

fintan+    1
fintan

Hi Guys

Been trying to find the CSS tag for the thin blue line that appears when you click the cursor into a text input area such as the search input, just want to change the color. 

I've tried both Firebug and Chrome Dev tools but the blue line disappears when they are enabled - anyone tracked this down before - I've search forum and docs already but no luck.

Many thanks

--

Fintan

Jenny    33
Jenny

You need to select the "focus" option in Firebug because that's what you're doing when you click the text box. Here is the CSS that shows up and causes the blue outline:

textarea:focus, input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="datetime"]:focus, input[type="datetime-local"]:focus, input[type="date"]:focus, input[type="month"]:focus, input[type="time"]:focus, input[type="week"]:focus, input[type="number"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, input[type="url"]:focus, input[type="search"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, input[type="color"]:focus, .uneditable-input:focus {
    border-color: rgba(82, 168, 236, 0.8);
    outline: 0 none;
}
  • Like 1

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

fintan+    1
fintan

Brilliant, thanks Jenny - sorted + now know about 'focus'!