Sign in to follow this  
mahimoto

How to show Blog posts on Homepage AND the Blog page (whitehouse)

mahimoto

I purchased WhiteHouse Pro last night. My installation is here: htttp://academicplan.ca I want to be able to show the blog posts, the same way they appear on 'The Blog' page, on the homepage as well. I tried going to settings -> reading, but it seems like you can't set the posts to show on two different pages. My current workaround is to show the Content Sidebar on the homepage, and add the Recent Posts widget to the Content Sidebar. But I don't want to only show the post headlines, I want them to appear the same way they do on the blog page (i.e. with thumbnail, excerpt, comment count, etc.) your help is appreciated.

cmunns

Hey Pendar. Do you want the two blog posts to show the exact same content or slightly different?

mahimoto

Hi Adam, I want them to show the same thing. Just to be clear though, I am not talking about an individual blog post. What I'm trying to do is to show a list of 'recent posts' on the homepage, just below the homepage 'content', In the exact same visual way they appear on the blog page: http://academicplan.ca/blog/ Thanks.

cmunns

WordPress isn't meant to work this way where there are two blog pages that are the same. It screws with the database, and probably confuses users as well. Yes you can display recent posts on other parts of your site, but it would essentially just link to the main blog page.

mahimoto

I find it hard to believe that it's not possible. Perhaps I'm not being clear enough. I just want the 'Recent Posts' widget to contain more than just a linked headline. In other words, I want this: 1.png to look like this: 2.png Surely that must be possible.

nfardo

The theme isn't built to display blog posts like you are asking to do, if you want to hack the CSS, with probably a lot more PHP programming you probably could do it.

Andrew

Yes, its possible but Noah is right; there is a little PHP manipulation involved here. Are you using the widget? What are you using for 'recent posts'?

infolonestarsacom

I would love this option also. I like to keep 15 recent posts on the blog page but it would be awesome to have 3 on the main page.

infolonestarsacom

I would love this option also. I like to keep 15 recent posts on the blog page but it would be awesome to have 3 on the main page.

infolonestarsacom