jamiewalden

Ie Makes Font Look Bolder

jamiewalden    1
jamiewalden

IE is making my font look bolder than it's supposed to. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help. I'm using Platform Pro.

Here's my site link: http://www.americandatanetwork.com

post-17731-0-69642600-1354223455_thumb.p

Simon    247
Simon

You are using an ancient version of PlatformPro, latest is 1.5.3. Try upgrading first.

jamiewalden    1
jamiewalden

I haven't applied the update yet because it deletes the hook that provides the login button to our apps, but the live preview of the theme update showed the font still appearing bolder, so I don't believe that will resolve the issue. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for you help. 

catrina    103
catrina

When you activate another theme like Twenty Ten, for example, does the boldness still appear?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jamiewalden    1
jamiewalden

Catrina, yes it does continue to occur. 

James B    436
James B

Try deactivating cleartype in IE.

If it is ClearType that is causing this, you can disable it in the configuration. It is under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > (scroll to) Multimedia > uncheck 'Always use ClearType for HTML'. Click OK and all that good stuff. You will need to restart the browser for this to take effect. ClearType started to become the default in new installations of IE 6 at some point but earlier IE 6 installations had this feature disabled by default. In IE 7, it is on by default or is an innocuous option during installation. It is supposed to smooth out the appearance of characters, like anti-aliasing in a paint or image program. This can make some fonts appear bolder, more legible.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B