Sign in to follow this  
emanger

Drop Down Menu Link First Tab?

emanger    0
emanger

Hi,

I have a parent page and child pages - they all work fine, except for the parent page. Should I make the parent page a html hyperlink or something?

How would I get that one to link.

For others to access child pages, they would click the arrow - right?

James B    436
James B

Hi there, if you're using the navbar in your set up (as opposed to the classic nav - you can check in the header section of the drag & drop) then this is how the developers intended the bar to operate. The bar was designed as part of the Twitter Bootstrap, i assume it was designed in this way due to the growing number of mobile users and touch screen devices. There's no workaround for this unfortunately.

You'll need to create a custom menu and add that page again as one of the child pages.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

To rearrange Pages, go to your website's Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages > then click on the Quick Edit link, it will reveal some options and one is Order. Simply enter a numeric value.

http://screencast.com/t/RkyAP9uB

Please search our forums, before posting!

emanger    0
emanger

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Together you guys make my website possible.

emanger    0
emanger

EDIT:

Unfortunately, I tried to order child pages and it does not work. I think it only works for parent pages.. :(

James B    436
James B

Another way to order your pages in the menu would be to create a custom menu and assign that to your navbar. That way you'd have complete control over what features where as it uses a similar drag and drop display to pagelines to organize the page order.

You can see how to set up a custom menu here - http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B