Sign in to follow this  
nfardo

Bottom Footer Image

nfardo

I've paid for the full Developer Edition, however, when I go into footer.php nothing stick, in terms of adding content or imagery in the bottom area. What gives? Thanks, NPF

bryan-hadaway

Are you editing the Footer options in your Theme Options or are you actually hard-editing the actual footer.php file from Appearance > Editor? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Thanks, Bryan

nfardo

I am trying to add an image and a HREF to the bottom footer area, which used to contain a "leaf" icon. I have edited that footer.php file in other WP templates and it readily accepted the changes. However, with this template it's not so easy. Extremely frustrating, to say the least.

nfardo

WhiteHousePro ?» Theme Options Footer Options Footer Logo Show a logo in the footer Site Terms Statement A line in your footer for "terms and conditions text" or similar Doesn't work... as well

cmunns

There is no reason why your changes wouldn't work if you entered the HTML correctly. Did you double check your code? If it is still in there can I see a link to the site?

bryan-hadaway

Here are some errors for that page: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpghfirm.powweb.com%2Fabout-flaherty-fardo%2Four-attorneys%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0 I'm not sure if any of those are specifically effecting the footer, either way it may be worth fixing. I'm looking at the code of your footer and it doesn't appear than anything has been added? Have you tried adding content to the: `

` area? Thanks, Bryan

nfardo

No offense, but why would anyone want to hack code just to be able to apply what is "supposed" to be universally controlled by the Theme Options? None of those errors are affecting my ability to post an image and further link in that position, are they?

Andrew

If I understand correctly, the options you mentioned were overridden when you applied widgets to the 'footcols' sidebar :)

nfardo

You could be right, let me check, thanks...

nfardo

So you are saying that you cannot add the footer information, which exists within the Appearance >> Theme Option area, if I have something like text widgets in the Footer Left, Middle and Right footer areas?

cmunns

You have widgets in the "footer columns" area (5 columns) which does in fact over ride the footer options. The footer options and site terms are placed easily and quickly into the left side and right side of the default five column footer. Also, there are two menu locations in the default footer, however, when widgets are manually placed into this area there is no way to select which widgets shall get replaced and so you must place five widgets total in "footer columns" to fill the entire area again. I hope this is clear and sorry that it is confusing, we did it this way so the theme was flexible for people who wanted to completely rebuild what content goes in the footer unfortunately it's a all or nothing type of deal and makes the Footer Options void.

nfardo

Well, I just want to easily center it across the bottom and use as many footer columns as I deem necessary. Maybe you could look into making an upgrade for this area? Thanks, NPF

bryan-hadaway

Also, you might try adding a text widget to the Full Width Bottom Sidebar in Appearance > Widgets that way you can add absolutely anything you want to the footer, but you'll have to check the box to show the Full Width Bottom Sidebar when editing individual pages. You might also try the Custom Headers and Footers plugin. Thanks, Bryan

Advocate

Is there an easy way to upgrade one's account from Pro to Developer? I have already purchased the Pro version of the software. At the same time, I purchased the matching bulletin board. Of course, I did not know when I purchased this that I would not be able to remove the PageLines Leaf from the footer of the template. Had I known this, I would have spent the extra $20 for the the Developer version. Again, I have everything that I need already - WP Theme and BB theme. I don't need any .ai graphics. I just want to modify the footer. Since I have already spent over $120, it seems like a bit of overkill to have to purchase the Developer version at full price. Thanks in advance...

cmunns

Geoffrey, Why don't you shoot us an email. We don't handle sales related questions in the forum. send this message to hello@pagelines.com

nfardo

Still cannot get this to work. Depressing... :(

cmunns

Right now I don't see any HTML in the subfoot (where the leaf used to be) What did you do so far? I think on of the steps has prevented you from making further changes.

nfardo

I'm not sure actually. I tried to edit the original footer.php long ago, do you suggest that I replace it with the original file via FTP? Then, try and use the mechanism that exists within the Theme Options?

cmunns

no I don't recommend that bc I don't want you to lose anything that you've worked for. I would just try comparing the two and see if you can spot the differences to see why you're not getting anything? Do you have an image location already for the image you want placed in the footer? What is it?