Sign in to follow this  
jonthompson

Changing Url To /dashboard

jonthompson    1
jonthompson

Hi everyone,

ok, I recently moved a wordpress blog I had from http://huntersfairwaysothebysinternationalrealty.com/members/ to http://huntersfairwaysothebysinternationalrealty.com/dashboard/.

The funny thing is that I didn't realize that /dashboard is also how to access the wordpress admin page.

biggest problem: cannot access the wordpress admin. I usually access it with /wp-admin. I am also having issues with images and css, but I think that issue is related to this one.

What should I do? any ideas?

jonthompson    1
jonthompson

looks like it just needed time to propagate, hopefully someone who may have this problem finds this and is more patient than I am lol

James B    436
James B

I'm glad you managed to get this resolved, thank you for letting us know the outcome as it will help other users in the future :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• fborcherdt
      By fborcherdt
      On main Dashboard in Wordpress the pagelines extension is displayed.
      Once installed and account is added the extension is active.
      I Freaking accidentally closed the dialog box (X in upper right corner)
      Thinking that it would just not use the plugin for one page.
      BUT no..
      it actually completely disable all pages.
      How can restore all the work that done with the Pageline Extension?
      Do you really have to go back into the Database and find a restore point?
      That seems like really bad UI if you can wipe all your work out in JUST ONE CLICK.
      Here is the site https://www.thevideogrid.com/fred
      PLEASE HELP
      Fred

• David
      By David+
      We are building a long-page scrolling site with Pagelines 5. Our menu is made with # links that go to a container's unique ID, e.g. container_ux7al6g
      This works, but it doesn't look great in the menu. Is it possible to assign a 'nice' # link, e.g. /#solutions ? 
      We used to do this in the DMS2 platform through a workaround, but that doesn't seem to be possible now. 
      Any suggestions? 
    • ipitts
      By ipitts+
      Greetings! 
      We are using Pagelines >> DMS2 theme. We are using the DMS2 Media Box module on several pages throughout our site. The media box includes an image thumbnail with hyperlinked text (below the thumbnail - located in the embedded HTML text editor).  We would like for users to be able to click on the image in addition to the accompanying text. Is there a way to add a hyperlink on the image itself?
      Please see the attached screenshot. You'll see we have "Compatibility Matrix" thumbnail image & text within the "Text & Embedded HTML" section that provides an <a href="...."></a> to direct visitors to another page. 
      We tried to follow this post (http://slickmedia.co.uk/blog/glenns-blog/pagelines-dms-mediabox-add-link/), but it did not help us solve our challenge. 
      Thank you very much for your help,
      Marie Thiele
      Marketing Coordinator, Syn-Apps LLC
      480-355-6822
      mthiele@syn-apps.com
      media box.tiff
    • mnagillum
      By mnagillum+
      As noted elsewhere on the Forum, the Media Box section doesn't have an option to enter a hyperlink to link to another page on my site, ndtest.mamulligan.com. Can someone please advise me on the exact code to use in my child theme (or Jetpack Appearance file) to make the five media boxes (Program Design, etc.) clickable links to the five corresponding areas shown in the menubar? Thanks in advance for any/all help.

• pastor.rocklyn
      By pastor.rocklyn+
      I am running Wordpress 4.1 on a site hosted on DreamHost. I have an SSL certificate and have set the site up for SSL. I want to require SSL for logins and admin operations, but I want others interact with the web site via regular HTTP. I am using the Wordpress HTTPS module, so I have both "Force SSL Administration" and "Force SSL Exclusively" checked so that only admin access is forced to go through SSL. Unfortunately, these settings also force the front-end DMS interaction to be non-SSL, so that I can't update the web site unless I uncheck "Force SSL Exclusively".

So far I haven't found a lot of information on the site about how to use SSL. What is the officially recommended way to use Pagelines DMS2 on an SSL site?