dokether

5Px Gap At Bottom Of Footer

dokether    4
dokether

@beardedavenger: Yes, that is what my last post was saying and what the image showed.

@James: That unfortunately didn't solve the problem. As per the recommendations in that post I took off the body background and set a normal background color through the Pagelines backend and the footer is still showing as my default bg. You can see the overwhelming pink as the body background for now in case anyone wants to take a look: heartbeing.com

Simon    247
Simon

Add to your customcss

#footer {
    padding-bottom: 8px;
}

thejinxters    1
thejinxters

Footer padding-bottom 0px does not work on any of my sites either. Like I said before, padding and margin appear to have no effect on this issue, It appears to be something to do with the latest release of pagelines. Maybe it is code error in the programming as was suggested by ROB? It's not something in the custom code.

Simon    247
Simon

I didn't say 0 i said 8

Simon    247
Simon

Can you add the code to your custom css so i can see it live?

dokether    4
dokether

@Simon_P: the padding-bottom: 8px is now live on heartbeing.com. The bottom bar still exists though. Now, however, instead of being pink (the body bg color) it is the dark grey of the footer background.

Simon    247
Simon

So why not remove that, and just make the body{} the same color as your footer?

dokether    4
dokether

The point is that the theme isn't really working the way it should. Working around/compensating for 7px of dead space isn't hard. I was asking the question because I couldn't figure out why it was doing this and figured that it was something that the dev team should be made aware of since I couldn't find anything in my own code that was causing it which has been further re-iterated throughout this thread.

Danny    1,327
Danny

If you wish to color your background, just change the color of your body ?

If you're using Full Width Sections, look at the image for the setting

http://d.pr/i/gdQT

As you can see, it says body/footer. Therefore if you wish to add a color to your footer area, simply add a color to your body in color control. If I remove the image from your footer and #333, I can see the magenta you have set for  your body background color.

Please search our forums, before posting!

beardedavenger    158
beardedavenger

Oookey dokey. This one was a bugger, but I found the issue. It lies within the .fix:: after in the #footer .outline. So to fix this, remove whatever padding you have on the #footer. Then do this

#footer .outline.fix::after{content:"";}

Currently, that content has content:".", and that period is throwing everything off.

I tested this in the head of your site and indeed corrects it. Let us know how you go about.

Something big is coming for DMS + photographers.

http://fotostheme.com

Nick Haskins & CO - New home for all of my PageLines Store products! 

http://nickhaskins.co

Better DMS - News, Tutorials, and Tips

http://betterdms.com

dokether    4
dokether

@beardedavenger: thank you so much! That was definitely what the problem was. For some reason the site wasn't reading the style properly with the .outline.fix, so the line that solved it for me was:

#footer .fix:after{content:"";}

I know you were trying to specify it for only that one div (I turned it off/on with firebug), but for some reason .outline.fix wasn't being recognized... Firebug was showing the normal .fix being applied and then a second :after being applied (content:"" wasn't overwriting the previous one in other words).

Either way, problem solved, thank you so much!

thejinxters    1
thejinxters

Agreed! class outline doesnt work, but just .fix works.

#footer .fix:after{content:"";}

This seemed to fix the gap. Thanks bearededavenger and dokether. Dev team, maybe this is something you can fix in the next release of pagelines so we don't have to add this custom code every time we install and want the footer to be a different color than our background. Thanks again guys!

James B    436
James B

For anyone new who's experiencing the 5px gap at the bottom of the footer, this will be rectified on the 2.3.7 update, which will be available shortly.

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B