Elizabeth

Changing The Boxes Section

Elizabeth    1
Elizabeth

I need to create some boxes that has text above the image and then a link below. I don't think I can do this using the Boxes section but I can achieve it by making small changes to the Boxes section. I know I can't edit the section in the Pagelines theme so I copied the Boxes section to plugins/pagelines-sections but then and made changes but this resulted in me having two columns of boxes so obviously I wasn't doing this quite right.

I then thought that I don't really need a separate Boxes menu item, I just need the boxes to display differently so I copied the Boxes section from the Pagelines theme and put it in my custom theme under 'Sections' thinking that if I had this folder then it would override the Pagelines folder but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Any advice on how to do this?

Rob    547
Rob

The solution is WP Boxer plugin. This has 9 prebuilt formats for boxes, which it changes into Content Blocks. You can also add these by shortcode anywhere, while our default boxes are limited.

I'd recommend undoing the changes you made, implementing Boxer plugin and applying the layout you want with the options in the plugin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Elizabeth    1
Elizabeth

Thanks for your message Rob. This morning I discovered that what I'd been doing had worked it's just that I'd forgotten to upload my changes - how embarrassing. I obviously needed to go to sleep last night and wasn't thinking logically.

Danny    1,327
Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• Audun MB
      By Audun MB+

Here:http://attac.no/global-ulikhet/
      The images are forced into a boxed frame so that you can't see the whole picture. Doesn't look so good. Is this a bug? A feature? How can I fix it?
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      The recent WP update seems to be quite cheeky...messing about with a number of things. 

Having trouble with boxes displaying differently in different browsers.  1st screen shot is Chrom...looks ok. 
      2nd screenshot is Firefox...colors are different. Icons are different. Have weird 1000's next to the icons. Any idea what's going on? 

Thanks!! 
      Judith