Please Note: Recent software such as DMS is not affected by this security advisory. Three days ago we were alerted by Securi via email that there were a couple of problems with two of our legacy themes, namely PlatformPro and PageLines Framework.
We take security seriously, so we wasted no time updating the free versions of these themes on the WordPress Repo and updating the pro versions over here at pagelines.com
The following versions of the two themes have been patched and are available from your account area right now.
PlatformPro 1.6.2 [download]
PageLines Framework 2.4.6 [download]
If you are using the free versions of the two themes available on wordpress.org, those files have also been patched.
PageLines 1.4.6 [download]
Platform 1.4.4 [download]
In all cases you should see an update available in your WordPress admin area and should update right away.
In the event that you cannot update the theme we took the time to create a small plugin that will protect your site.
The plugin will work with all versions of both themes, just install and activate it for immediate protection.
Is there a way to use the whole image in the feature slider as a link? I have searched the forum and noticed in 2011 this was posted and the reply was no. Has anything changed in 4 years?
I'm running PlatformPro 1.4 and Platform Base 1.0.4.
1) Can I still update these to a more recent version?
2) If I don't update, can I still apply the newsecurity patch?
3) How do I apply the security patch? I downloaded it to my computer but when I go to Wordpress, I see nothing about updating PlatformPro.
I added a post to my blog last night and as soon as I published the content, my "primary sidebar" fell to the bottom of the home page. When I go into other areas of the site, like "contact" or "about", the side bar comes back to where it belongs. So far I tried going to Appearance->Customize and then deleting and reducing assets in the "Widgets: Primary Sidebar" but nothing changed/worked.
I consider myself slightly savvy but I don't quite understand many terms and lingo with html and CSS - so I would appreciate the most laments terms possible when describing a solution.
My site is:
Not the most experienced guy in the world here -- just an attorney who liked PlatformPro and purchased it to make a license-free site.
I'm having two problems.
1. The first may or may not be new -- I think I would have noticed, but I'm not positive. On the front page of the site, the navigation has dropdown menus. Some of the child pages have their own children, even. But for some reason, when I go to any other page, only the top-level pages are visible.
Front page: http://falseclaimsactattorney.com
Example of a page on which the dropdown menus are not working: http://falseclaimsactattorney.com/welcome-to-greene-llp/about-the-firm/thomas-m-greene-boston-false-claims-act-attorney/
I just tried replacing what had been a default menu with a custom menu, and that did not fix the problem. Any ideas?
2. I have not updated to PlatformPro 1.6.0 -- but when I try to do so, I get a 404.