janpeeters

Seo No Text In Body

janpeeters+    31
janpeeters

Hi,

My homepage (www.janpeeters.nl) is a static page with a Masthead and AnythingBoxes section with the latest posts form my blog page. There is no other text in the page. Yoast SEO plugin reads the page to give advice on how to optimise my page for SEO. Because the two sections are not taken into account it reports that there is no text on the page.

I'm wondering and trying to find out how I can fix this. Adding text that I don't need on that page won't be a solution.

It feels like Yoast SEO only reads the text in the main text field on the page where it generates it's report and doesn't know how to include the various sections on that page.

Or is there something that can be altered in the Framework to include the text from sections into SEO plugins reports?

Thanks, Jan

Simon    247
Simon

You kind of answered yourself already, Yoasts SEO only looks at whats in the excerpt and content boxes.

janpeeters+    31
janpeeters

Hi Simon,

I figured such an answer, but I also wrote... "and trying to find out how I can fix this". I hoped someone in this forum knew of a way how to fix it via a workaround in Framework or another SEO plugin.

Thanks, Jan

Rob    547
Rob

Jan, sorry for the delay replying to this.

I've found that SEO plugins only do just so much for improving a site's placement. Keep in mind, if your competitors also use SEO plugins or SEO services, they're going to have the same advantage you have and the search engines can't prioritize everyone.

WordPress has built in SEO functionality... specifically, the Excerpt field being key to this. Having a unique excerpt has helped my placement greatly and it's easy to do. Tags are important for your internal search, but only for that. Original content is key.

There are other SEO plugins, and many SEO services (very pricey) but for what you fundamentally need, I found WP itself is enough. So the solution is to deactivate Yoast's SEO and delete it.

Read up on how to optimize your Wordpress site without plugins and Google that phrase. You'll find tons of solid advice that will help.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      It seems like the H1 tag in the Pagelines 5 framework is missing the entry-title tag. Google Search Console complains about that and it seems like it needs to be fixed in the theme. Based on another thread, this looks like a known issue but I haven't seen any updates from the framework team.
      Any indication of what the status on this issue is?
      The site in question that I have that issue with is michaelkummer.com.
      Thanks
      Michael
    • Objectif-Mariage
      By Objectif-Mariage+
      Hello. I just past my PL5 website to BING analyser, and I was very surprise when it told me I had five <H1> ! ? What ? how it's possible ?? 
      So I have checked the code, and obviously, some PL plugin (like Elements), create some <h1> balises for their Header.... Great ! 
      So I have try to simply not use this Element's Header, leting them blanck. But <H1> balise is still there ! Empty but sill there ! ( <h1 class="elements-header" data-bind="plshortcode: header"></h1>).
      I have took Element as exemple, but it's the same for other PL plugins. Even if you let a part blank, PL plugin will create an empty balise ! :-(
      I'm not developper, and don't know PHP. But I guess it's possible to create a fonction, witch would say . 
      "if one balise is empty => then don't write it."
      What guy's do you think about that ?

There is a link to my website : http://www.wedding-photography-minneapolis.com/
    • dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      We're using Yoast SEO plugin and it can not crawl the content that is in a Pagelines text container, only the Paglines framework content. 
      I can see that it is a problem with SEO plugins and external site builders to read the content. So is there a Pagelines SEO plugin that would solve that? 
      I know that it does not effect stats on google, but it is not possible to see the full picture of SEO status. 

• BlueSkyCreative
      By BlueSkyCreative+
      Hi there,
      I have a dev site I am working on and my seo plugin is not being able to see the image alt tags
      to test this I have an image on the top section in an image section here http://213.5.177.31/~northsho/keys2drive/
      but in the source code the image tag is not registering? I have also added the image via the media library, added the alt and it doesn't work that way either
      At the moment I am just trying with the image section but hope that the binding alt tags for any of the images in sections would work, I have not tried yet, but want to see why the main image isn't first
      Thanks In advance  

Paul