cw14226

Features Are Squished

cw14226    0
cw14226

I just upgraded and created a new site so I could learn the new features and work through some problems before I upgraded my actual site and I can't seem to understand a problem I am having with the features.

I have the home page set to template 5 and a feature in the header but it keeps getting squished to the left side rather than being full size and centered as I'm trying do.

What is so different in this version that I am missing?

here's my testing site www.judognome.com

cw14226    0
cw14226

No this is with any template and I haven't even added a feature yet, I'm using the default features

James B    436
James B

Hi there, it looks like you've set your site to a static width (quiet a large one) in the layout editor, so the slider is going off the edge of the screen. Can you check your settings in the layout editor and let us know if changing the details in there resolves this.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

cw14226    0
cw14226

I'm sorry I'm really not liking this new version, it doesn't respond to anything I want to do, I put a widgets in the primary sidebar and they take up the entire page, my content disappears, and the features still don't work. I've watched every how to video multiple times. I just feel stupid because I can't figure it out. It no matter what I change it doesn't do what I want.

cw14226    0
cw14226

I have been messing with this stupid thing for days now, so let me give you the settings it currently set to

Responsive with Pixel Width

Fixed-width Mode

Single Column 800 pixels

Default template

In the content area I have features, postlook and content sidebar

Someone please tell me what the hell is going on because I'm ready to give up and ask for my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James B    436
James B

Ok the site looks different from before. Have you changed the permalinks at all as there seems to be no css coming through.

If you could go to settings>permalinks in the wp dash and hit save to refresh them, then review the page to see if it improves.

In your layout editor you'll see the various layout images above the actual editor. Each one is clickable and will allow you to edit the layout for that particular view. So for single page layout you've got the main content area at 800pixels. The next image you click on will allow to the save the settings for a layout if the sidebar was selected and present on the left/right and so fourth. After you've set the widths for the various layouts click save, these layouts will now be ready to call for each page/template.

From your original post I think one of these layouts was set with the sidebar extremely wide and the content area much smaller. So if you check through the layouts and notice one where SB1/2 is larger than the main content area, adjust it back to a smaller size, you should then see the changes reflect on the page after you've hit save and refreshed.

The main content for each page post will vanish off the page unless both the content is in the 'page template' area, and the postloop is in the 'content-area'. So make sure both of those are always present in the drag and drop page.

If you have a sidebar layout selected and you want the slider or any other section to be full width, them place it in the 'page template' area of the drag and drop. Visa versa any section you want nestled alongside the sidebar place into the content area.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B