rpacker

Tags Don't Appear On Blog Page

James B    436
James B

Hi there, I can see tags on your blog page, have you managed to resolve this?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

rpacker    19
rpacker

I haven't resolved the problem, my question was why do tags appear only on the individual archive page, and not on the main blog page. Thanks.

Randall Packer

Multimedia Artist & Educator

http://www.randallpacker.com

Rob    547
Rob

The topic was marked as resolved.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, how do I show tags in WP-content-section... or what am I missing out? 
    • Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm having a problem with post formatting that I never encountered before PL5. 
      I keep losing my paragraph formatting. I've gone in manually 4 and 5 times...adding in the <p></p> tags, updating...then I go to the visual editor or the pagebuilder and when I go back..they're gone and so is the 
      formatting. In digging around I think it has to do with the wpautop filter. See this: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wpautop

I'm in the process of converting pages from DMS to PL5 and something in PL5 seems to be interacting with the formatting. I'm also getting other strange formatting issues (random <i></i> with no text n between, etc.)
      Frankly, I don't care if I need to manually add <p> or not... I just need the formatting to stick. 
      Thanks. J

• dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      Currently, the main heading for an element is automatically wrapped with a <h1> tag.
      That's okay if the content its wrapping around is, in fact, meant to be the main heading for the page.
      But I suspect there may be people who will already have a heading on the page wrapped with <h1> tags, so that's going to create a bit of a semantic issue (theoretically, from what I understand about HTML5 spec, it is possible to have more than one <h1> tag on a page, but you really need to know what you're doing).
      So I think that designers should have the option to select that tag for each text part that makes up an element.
      Additionally, if the main heading of an element is being used as the <h1> heading for a page, if designers are able to select the tag, then it should automatically wrap the <h1> tag with <header> tags (and maybe even the appropriate classes - e.g., entry-heading, entry-title).
      When you look at the other text parts that make up an element, you see that the subheading is automatically wrapped in a <h3> tag.
      If the main heading tag is a <h1> tag (as it is at present) then, logically/semantically, the subheading should be wrapped in <h2> tags or <p> tags (perhaps it could be set conditionally - depending on designer selection of main heading).
      Further, the subheading <h3> tag actually wraps around <p> tags that contain the subheading content.
      That makes no sense whatsoever.
      Finally when you specify a tag in the paragraph textbox of an element, it doesn't actually that tag as HTML. Instead, it adds a class - using the specified tag (e.g., class="h2") to a span.
      That also does not make sense.
    • eusebius
      By eusebius+
      Hello,
      Is there a way to mass apply a template to all tag archives?
      On my site, all tag archive pages claim they are using the Default template, but they look nothing like the Default template. I'm having a difficult reapplying that template to those pages without going through each one.
      Thanks in advance
      Thank God, I found the answer.
      My question was a bit more complex than I thought. It turns out that, when the Powerloop section is enabled, it overrides the queries for individual tags so that the page type reads pl_powerloop_TAG. It changes for each tag, which makes it impossible to target with a single template.
      When I disabled Powerloop (which I don't need anyway, since I use Toolset), all the tag queries reverted to normal and I was able to target that specific type with a template easily.