Just recently started using gtmetrix.com to evaluate websites to find out why my page load times seem slow. Here's a recent report: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/cassclayton.com/Q7n9gsfg
As you can see in the Yslow section,
Add Expires headers
Make fewer HTTP requests
Configure entity tags (ETags)
Can someone please tell me how to address this? I just signed up to cloudflare.com for a CDN account so trying that too. Anyone have experience with CDN and DMS development? Any issues or is it best to wait till after Live deployment to do that?
anyone using the AWS plugin for S3 and cloud front?
if you use normal WP content and add media the imag URL automatically adjusted to the optimized size i.e. 300x200, 1000x500 and so on.
if you select media from PageLine DMS the image is always the original size and the site is super slow (images are 3Mb). I have to go and select the appropriate size from my S3 bucket per each link and that takes much longer to do.
any idea how to make it work like the built in WP optimizer?
Hey guys, sorry to be a pain again.
Recently set this site up from MAMP : localbustorbay.com/localbus
I believe it to be the host, but would hugely appreciate if somebody could check and confirm it's not something I havn't done optimisation-wise for the DMS.
All the LESS is in the style.less and I have the Pro tools plugin running too, and Cloudflare as well and minification.
Naturally this speeds it up a hell of a lot, but when the CDN is turned off and we are editing the site live (no cache) I am getting loading times of about 1 minute which is insanely slow for a 1.1mb sized webpage!
I have two websites running Pagelines 2.4.4 as their theme (using a child theme). I also use "W3 Total Cache" and "Amazon S3" as my CDN service. The first website does not work properly when CDN is activated on "W3 Total Cache". The problem is that the LESS CSS is not uploaded to "Amazon S3" so the website misses the styles. The second website has the exact same settings but it has no problem.
Checking everything I noticed that the first website has a folder names "page lines" in the uploads folder (within "wp-content"). Inside this folder there are multiple compiled files of compiled CSS files. Also this line in the source code of my homepage refers to one of these compiled files:
<link rel='stylesheet' id='pagelines-less-css' href='http://url.com/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/compiled-css-1372540484.css' type='text/css' media='all' /> In the second website the line is different:
<link rel='stylesheet' id='pagelines-less-css' href='http://url2.com/?pageless=1_1372548999' type='text/css' media='all' /> There is no "page lines" folder created in the "uploads" folder in the second website and it has no problem.
Why these two websites have this difference and how can I fix that?
Over the last month I had extensive communications with the developer of the (premium) Anything Boxes section (in Pagelines store) (Adam Munns) and the developer of the WP Polylang Multilingual plugin (Frederic Demarle).
This was because the following problem occurred:
Anything Boxes showed all posts of two languages (Dutch and English) on the respective static frontpages for each language. It should of course have filtered posts for Dutch language on the Dutch frontpage and English on the English frontpage.
The solution to this problem was simple in the end. When duplicating a page for use in another language the settings for Anything Boxes were not copied to the new page and I should have set these settings manually again on the new page. I wasn't aware of this, but it makes sense. Because of this the pages didn't know how to differentiate between posts from different languages.
The dev of Polylang told me that Polylang is currently smart enough to synchronize metas like Featured images and page templates but it does not work out of the box with metas created by plugins and themes but (according to Frederic) it is rather easy to add them in the list using the filter 'pll_copy_post_metas'.
He mentions that he is not sure that these 'PageLines Meta Settings' are stored in post meta but that would make sense according to him. He asks if the Pagelines dev team will be interested to support this feature in the future.
I'm also wondering if you will consider adding Polylang translation support for manually editable strings like the 'Read more…' strings in Pagelines Settings.
Well that's of course up to you but I thought to let you know to be able to take this into consideration. I also post this for other users in case they experience the same kind of trouble and are looking for an answer.