Sign in to follow this  
texter

Customize Social Sharing Icons

texter    0
texter

Hi -

Two questions:

1) Social sharing icons are showing up very differently on different browser. For instance, Facebook and Google Plus don't display in:

Chrome Version 21.0.1180.89 (Mac OSX 10.8.2)

Safari 6.0.2 (Mac OSX 10.8.2)

But they do display in

Opera 11.67 (Mac OSX 10.8.2)

Has there been any development to standardize display?

2) I only want display the social share links, but not the number of users who have (or have not) shared. Is there a way to customize this to not display the numbers.

Thanks.

batman    389
batman

Hi texter

Question 1)

I´m not sure but you can use Browser Specific CSS plugin found in the PageLines Store

It's a free plugin to add browser specific classes to the main body tags for all major browsers and devices.

Question 2)

You can try add CSS rules like (Tweet share)

.hcount .count-o { display: none;}

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• pdean
      By pdean
      Hi,
      I want to add Facebook and Instagram follow buttons in the main text of my website, as I'm not using sidebars.
      Here's the website: rivendellwriterscolony.org - I'd like to place them below the quotation and above the boxes.
      (Actually, I'd like to place them top right, but I don't think that's possible.)
      Any suggestions for getting the code for this?
      Thanks!
    • napait
      By napait+
      Hello All,

My question is.. How do I add more social icons using the Navi section in Mobile Menu mode?

The only two that show up are the Facebook and Twitter, from the information you fill out in the Site Setting > Social & Local.

Please review site for example: www.napait.com

I would like to be able to add custom icons such as other social and phone, map, contact icons after these social icons in the mobile menu. Basically want to move the phone icon into the social icons bar. Having looked for the right hook using Hooker plugin I still have been unsuccessful.

Thank you in advance.

Kevin
    • MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      The ShareBar I am using posts 2 different images for Facebook and Pinterest. For FB is will post an image on the page and for Pinterest it will post the Featured image set in WordPress. Is there a way to determine a specific image to be shown for any of the ShareBar social integrations?

Website URL:www.bingerr.com
      Framework Version:DMS2
      WordPress Version:4+
      Plugins in Use:
      Server/Host:Flywheel
      Screenshots:
      Details:
    • MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      Hello all,

I have added the Sharebar DMS section to a client website and it has been working fine. However, I added the "WP-Tiles" plugin to add a blog link that exists within the context of the homepage. Here is the issue; when on the homepage and selecting the Facebook "share" icon at top of the page, the content being shared is the blog post and not the basic homepage information. When on the homepage I would people to be able to share the general site information and not specifically the blog. If someone wants to share the blog post information the same Sharebar can be used on the actual blog post. Make sense? To clarify, I want the Sharebar to ONLY share the main content on the page.

www.olympianstrings.org

Cheers,

AG
    • swiftitnz
      By swiftitnz
      Hi support team,

I have just followed the guide on this page: http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/creating-a-branding-area, to add few social icons to the top area of the site I'm working on.

You can have a look of the result: http://toddwalters.net/

As per the guide on font awesome page of DMS, the social icons are still showing with bullets one below another rather than sideways.

Yes, I do have pasted the custom CSS code to DMS toolbar Custom Code section, but no use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Imran