quinntinm

Brandvan Section Hilight In Wrong Place

quinntinm

Hi there.

I have just finished the site i have been working on with the custom post type and custom fields and i wanted to thank all of those who assisted me. I really appreciate it.

There is one item that i cannot seem to work out how to fix.

When i click on "About" http://www.deependfilms.co.za/about/ the navigation highlights as it should.

When i click on "films" and follow one of the sub nav items e.g. "Completed" http://www.deependfilms.co.za/completed-films-by-deepend-films/ the navbar seems to highlight the "News" tab and not the film tab.

Can anyone assist me in this?

Thank you.

quinntinm

Hi Danny, please click on one of those posters, the next page is the problem.

It highlights the news item in a light grey block...

catrina

I clicked on all the subnav items under "Films" and the "Films" tab is highlighted each time (the "News" tab isn't highlighted at all). I'm viewing this on both Firefox and Chrome for Mac. Did this issue get resolved or are you still seeing it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

quinntinm

Hi Catrina, hope you are well.

Sorry, i have upgraded the grid portfolio section/plugin and it has broken the site completely...

Is there a way to go into the database and revert back to the previous version or switch it off so i can at least get back into the admin and get the clients website up again.

I cannot access the admin or the front end...

catrina

Oddly, now I see the News item highlighted. Can you please take a screenshot of your page hierarchy under "Pages" on Dashboard?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

quinntinm

Catrina, remember also that the "Film" pages are custom post types which are not under pages but films.

James B

It seems to think those items are ancestors of the blog so it's highlighting the relative link in the nav.

You can turn it off with this css, shouldn't affect the other pages as they seem to be set using different css. If the below doesn't work and affects other areas on the nav we'll have to look at a way to make it more specific.

.main-nav .current-menu-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-menu-item a, .main-nav li.current_page_parent a, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

quinntinm

Hi James, i will try that.

How do i get the Films nav to be highlighted though?

Danny

OK from what I can see the images on the Films page for example,

LIGHT AND DARK / DOCUMENTARY

This isn't a page but a post, which is part of your Blog. It looks as though you have created a News page and set this as your Post Page in Settings > Reading.

If this is the case, then there is no issue and the menu is working as intended.

If you wish to for the films menu to be active when viewing your these films. I suggest you use child pages and not posts.

Please search our forums, before posting!

quinntinm

Hi there. It is a custom post type. Can they only be posts or can they be pages too?

Sorry, this is the first time i have ever worked with custom post types and i am not a programmer so it's all new for me :-)

Danny

Custom Post Types, are post based and can not be pages. Like I mentioned above if you wish to contain your navigation, you will need to use pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!

quinntinm

Is there a custom Page option?