Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Text In Box Only Displaying In "bold".

7 posts in this topic

Loving the options we're getting with our first Pagelines-based site. We're almost done, and on the last page I am running into a challenge;

We are adding boxes to the "staff" page. Picture on the left, text on the right.

Problem : I can not get the text in the box to be regular. It only displays as bold. (see on the bottom, the rest is just testing and formatting - pardon my french ;) )

I have created this box like all the others before, then deleted and redid it to test, but the bold remains. Then I swore, then I checked the forum.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Somewhere in your code, the following exists:

strong {

font-weight: bold;

To resolve it, please add the following to your Custom Code in CSS Rules:

.fboxtext  strong {

font-weight: normal;

How would this one be different than the other 41 boxes created before? I have created a 2nd one on the same page, again, bold everything.

I'll take a look at the fix you suggest- I just like to understand the cause too.

Oh, and thanks for providing a solution, help is always appreciated!

Just curious to understand what may have caused this sudden change; as it was not intended, nor was anything added or adjusted to CSS overnight by anyone working on the site.

The only reason why all the text in a box would be bold, is incorrect markup such as <strong> Some Text <strong> if you're missing / at the end, it will cause issues.

1 person likes this

Hi Danny,

We came to the same conclusion yesterday. One of the boxes had an unclosed <strong> tag, and every box saved or created after that was compromised - regardless of which page it was on. We found the right box, adjusted, and the others were fixed. The tags had been entered manually, in the HTML input part of the box creation.

Is there any way to have such a thing corrected in a future update? Would make sense to have boxes relatively independent from each other, no?

While we're at it, any way to make the boxes cooperate more with things like "return"? When entering text, hitting return or shift+return does not skip a line in the published text, which is why we had to go into the HTML in the first place. Would be great if we didn't have to. ;)

Glad we found it, and glad you confirmed it, though, thanks!

You may add the markup issue to tracking:

As for the boxes/enter/return issue, the Boxes uses the WordPress editor, which is out of our control, but are you switching from HTML view to Visual view then updating the page or staying in HTML view and updating?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Migrating from framework, how to keep content from boxes
      By attac+
      I'm migrating from Framework to DMS now. I have a lot of content made with Framework "Boxes", and wonder what's the best method to keep that content in DMS? 
      I tried to search the forums and support sites, but couldn't find the answer. 
      I'd also take general tips on migrating, the support sites doesn't say much.
    • Changing Salebar Font
      By tristanrodgers
      Hey there!
      Here is my website:
      I'd love to change the font of my salebar, can you tell me how to do that?
      Greetings from Germany,
    • boxes and sidebar floating outside global content width
      By liberatedspaces
      My site ( started having a couple of weird problems on my home page all of a sudden, without me doing anything. It's run on the latest version of Pagelines Framework.
      1. My Facebook widget that is set to the secondary sidebar to the right of the page content (the info and Open Table widget) is dropping down into the box section
      2. The box section below the content is no longer conforming to the global content width set to 960px in the Site Option Layout Editor and stretching out to the edge of the browser on both sides.
      Any help would be much appreciated!

• Possible Security Issue w/ Framework v. 2.4.6
      By balfred1345
      I got messages from my Sucuri plugin that Boxes, and Grid Portfolio are getting updated by someone other than myself. They were being changed from private to published posts. Here is the message from Sucuri:
      Subject: Post Update
      Login Info:
      Time: April 10, 2015 8:39 am
      Website Info:
      IP Address:
      Boxes (private to published); identifier: 1965; name: Responsive &amp; Mobile
      The Grid Portfolio developer responded to my email inquiry as follows:
      "the section that I built on then v2 of PlatformPro was done in a very typical manner using the PageLines methods available from the core theme. Any security holes would be in the framework as a whole a not specifically to Grid Portfolio."
      Can you please tell me if this is a security issue, and if so, what can be done about it. 
      Thanks very much,
    • How to use Google Early Access Font
      By anu826
      I want to use "Sinhala" font by Google Fonts. The Google Fonts provide following details on how to use it in website. How can I use it with DMS2?
      Link for early access fonts is
      Noto Sans Sinhala (Sinhala) When text is rendered by a computer, sometimes there will be characters in the text that can not be displayed, because no font that supports them is available to the computer. When this occurs, small boxes are shown to represent the characters. We call those small boxes “tofu,” and we want to remove tofu from the Web. This is how the Noto font families got their name.
      Noto helps to make the web more beautiful across platforms for all languages. Currently, Noto covers over 30 scripts, and will cover all of Unicode in the future. This is the Sans Sinhala family. It has Regular and Bold styles and is hinted.
      Noto fonts are intended to be visually harmonious across multiple languages, with compatible heights and stroke thicknesses. For the currently released Noto fonts see
      Link @import url(;
      Example font-family: 'Noto Sans Sinhala', serif;