dgosine

Blog On Navbar Is Highlighted When Another Navbar Item Is Selected

dgosine    1
dgosine

Hello,

I am having this strange problem with the Navbar. I am using the Event Calendar plugin (By modern tribe) and Simple CSS Lite plugin. I did disabled all the other plugin's and switched to the Twenty Eleven theme to confirm that the event calendar was not causing this problem.

When the "upcoming events" or "Calendar" is selected it will also highlight the "blog" in the navbar, this does not happen when the other pages are selected. At first i was just using pages as the menu, thought i might have to create a menu to solve the problem, confirmed that did not work. I am guessing that this is cause there is some kind of walker filter on pagelines themes, but this is just a guess. If i select "Blog" it will not highlight the "Calendar" or "Upcoming events" .

The link of the site is http://tsttokyo.com.

Thank you

Rob    547
Rob

Dave, I suspect that there's a CSS conflict somewhere. Did you add any custom CSS code? If so, was that validated?

In Firebug, I see lots of customizations that appear to include many classes. This is what's causing the red background:

#page .main-nav .current-menu-ancestor a, #page .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a, #page .main-nav li.current_page_item a, #page .main-nav li.current-menu-item a, #page .main-nav li.current_page_parent a, #page .sf-menu li li, #page .sf-menu li li li, #page .main-nav li:hover, #page .main-nav .current-page-ancestor a, #page .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgb(174, 9, 70);

}

I suspect that the reason is more likely the concept that the Blog is a special page and falls under one of the other elements cited above, where the event calendar is an equal.

You may be able to resolve this by adding a unique class to the Blog link in Appearance > Menus. Let me know what CSS you currently have added and if you've validated it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dgosine    1
dgosine

Hello,

I have only added the following CSS code in my " pagelines-customize" plugin.

.widget-title {

font-size:24px;

}

#morefoot .widget-title {

color:#F5E6A7;

font-size:20px;

text-align:center;

background-color:#000000;

}

p {

text-align: justify;

}

.pprow {

margin-top:-75px!Important;

}

/*.content .content-pad {

padding: 15px 15px 15px;

}

#site #page, #site #dynamic-content {

min-height: 300px;

}*/

.section-carousel .thecarousel {

background-color: #FFFFFF;

background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #FFFFFF, #FFFFFF);

background-repeat: repeat-x;

border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;

box-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #FFFFFF inset;

display: none;

overflow: hidden;

padding: 15px 67px;

position: relative;

}

I am wondering if Simple CSS Lite could be the cause of all the custom CSS code? Also, i am confused on what you mean by this "You may be able to resolve this by adding a unique class to the Blog link in Appearance Menus." I have entered in CSS Classes (optional) for Calendar, Upcoming Events, and Blog. It did not change anything. Could I have missed something?

Dave

Danny    1,327
Danny

This issue is related to the Simple CSS lite plugin and this line in the CSS code:

#page .main-nav li.current_page_parent a,

Are any of these pages a child page of the other, or a parent page ?

If so, this is the cause of the issue. If no page is a parent or child page, then I recommend you contact the author of the simple lite plugin and inform them of the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

James B    436
James B

You could try to use css to mask this effect on those pages only. I'm not sure if the below would work but try it. Replace x with the page id for the calendar page.

.page-id-x #menu-item-41 .main-nav li.current_page_parent a {background: black !important;}[/CODE]

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Jenny    33
Jenny

The easiest way to do it would be to make those two items NOT be a child of the other item, then the CSS won't apply. Deselect "schedule" as the parent of those 2 pages and you should be okay.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.