WebIT

Iblogpro5 Strange Navbar Flashing Text With Quick Slider

WebIT    3
WebIT

Please see my iBlogPro5 strange navbar flashing text with quick slider here. The text flashes white/gray during the animation of the quick slider. This is only occurring in Safari.

James B    436
James B

Hi I've viewed your site in safari, i can't see the text flashing. Do you have anything installed in Safari which could effect this, like dev tools or any plugins?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Rob    547
Rob

I've checked your site in Firefox and in Safari and have seen no problems.

When browser specific problems like this occur, most often it's the result of plugin conflicts or custom code issues.

I'd suggest:

1. Validate all your custom CSS to make sure it's compliant with contemporary standards.

2. Have some friends look over your site in Safari, Chrome and Firefox, as well as IE9 to see if they notice problems.

3. Deactivate any older plugins or non-PageLines products.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

WebIT    3
WebIT

It's happening in mobile safari also.

WebIT    3
WebIT

No success. Looks fine in other browsers. Disabling all plugins had no effect.

James B    436
James B

I've checked in safari and I can't see this happening. Which version of safari are you using? Are you able to record a short video using jing or a smilar screen recorder so we can see whats happening.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

WebIT    3
WebIT

This happens in chrome too. I've had friends view same problem. During the slider animation, all title text in the nav bar (and for me wordpress admin panel) go darker and fuzzy.

Rob    547
Rob

Have you any custom CSS that's related to the quickslider or menu? If so, please look at it. There must be an element in it that's a cross-over, yielding a slight color variation. That's the only thing left that I can think of, except to recommend validating your custom code to make sure there's nothing broken. Do you need a link to a CSS validator?

WebIT    3
WebIT

i removed all css and still have the issue. I also disabled all plugins. There is a problem with the theme.

Rob    547
Rob

Do you have a cache plugin? Activated or not? If so, when you affect changes, if you don't clear the cache, you will never see the changes, which could explain why in all your topics, when you say you've made changes or deactivated things, you're not seeing any effect of those changes.

I can assure you there's no flaw, bug or problem with the theme.

WebIT    3
WebIT

Well, I followed the steps above.

Good news: this fixed another issue I had (black navbar). Thank you.

Bad news: with all plugins (including wp-cache) disabled and all custom code removed the issue remains. ideas?

Also old templates are still appearing (Template: page-fullwidth)

The header script I copied was the following to shorten the title on mobile devices:

<script type="text/javascript">

if( navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) || 

navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i) || 

navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)

) {

document.title = "CapeK9Cardio";

}

</script>

ps. I love this theme and you helped me a lot with the upgrade from 4 to 5. I appreciate it and look forward to fixing this.

Rob    547
Rob

With cache plugins, deactivating isn't the key, as much as clearing the cache. That makes sure that changes you make are visible. The sequence should be... make your changes, then clear the cache, then view the site. This will usually allow you to see the changes you've made because they'll be in place when the cache is cleared.

Good news: you fixed another issue I had which you closed. Thank you.

Sometimes I surprise myself.

Can you paste here what you added to the header scripts so we can see what you've done?

My guess is that you've loaded an older version of javascript or jQuery causing this issue.

Rob    547
Rob

Well, for one thing, the javascript you've cited doesn't actually have a call to the actual operating script. My suspicion remains that this code is causing the issue. For one thing, it's setting up an agent match, essentially identifying the browser. We have a product called Browser Specific CSS and Framework automatically detects the browser. The Browser Specific CSS plugin would implement custom CSS based on the browser that Framework detects. The javascript you've added is thus redundant.

WebIT    3
WebIT

what it does is display a shortened title, so when you add the site to your homepage on idevices it fits. I removed the code, refreshed cache. No effect. I've also moved the q slider around to see if that would do anything.

WebIT    3
WebIT

As a temp fix i changed the slider to a fade transition. Please let me know of any fix ideas.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I have checked your site on Chrome/Safari, I am unable to see any flashing text, does this only occur when you're logged in ?

If this issues also happens when you're not logged in, what version of these browsers are you using ?

I am not sure what you're referring to regarding the templates, if this is a separate issue, please create another topic.

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebIT    3
WebIT

I did have a separate topic.

Screen-Shot-2012-11-10-at-3.45.34-PM.png

Php from iBlogPro4 is still showing up in iBlogPro5. (Template page-fullwidth). This occurred even after I followed Rob's advise on a complete removal and reinstall of the pagelines folder. There must be other files stored on the server that are cross linking old template files?

Reference the flashing navbar i posted above:

"As a temp fix i changed the slider to a fade transition. Please let me know of any fix ideas."

The issue isn't resolved, as it comes back when I switch to sliding transition on the slider.

Rob    547
Rob

I've noticed that James and I have asked you questions in response to this and other topics you've prolifically posted and we never seem to get a direct response to them. Please cooperate and give us answers to the questions we're asking in order to assist you or there's little point in continuing. This problem is the direct result of bad coding added on your end, not ours. There is no bug or there would be tens of thousands of people making this complaint and so far, you're the only one.

WebIT    3
WebIT

Danny,

• This happens all the time. Logged in or not logged in.
  • I have the latest versions of all 3 browsers.
  • Regarding templates, I did start a separate post, but Rob closed it. If you would like to handle that as another issue, Rob, please reopen this separate topic.

Do you guys see the image I posted above? It shows older templates from iBlogPro4, but the active theme is iBlogPro5.

If by bad coding you were referring to the {less} coding used to achieve a home button and cart button, I have removed that. The problem still exists.

WebIT    3
WebIT

Instead of belittling customers in this forum, perhaps you guys could concentrate on fixing the issue. I have seen this same issue with framework in safari and chrome here.