gigglingbob

Referencing Google Fonts

gigglingbob    0
gigglingbob

I'm trying to insert a heading on a page and instead of useing the sitewide defaults for the H1, H2, etc selectors, I would like to insert an inline style referencing a different google font.

I have installed the Pagelines googlefont plugin. I was under the assumption I just had to reference like this:

<h4 style="font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do', cursive;">Your Health, Our Mission</h4>

The site picks up the cursive, but doesn't get the correct Google font.

What am I doing wrong?

Rob    547
Rob

Try removing the single quotes around the first font's name.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gigglingbob    0
gigglingbob

yeah tried that a few times as well, still no results

gigglingbob    0
gigglingbob

so my only solution was to add the link ref for the specific google font to the header scripts section under custom code. I'm just curious why it doesn't automatically work the other way.

Rob    547
Rob

It's possible another element was overriding the inline CSS. Perhaps the p.element. Could you perhaps wrap the <h4> tag in a div with a custom class and apply the font call by Custom Code > CSS rules?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey all, hope I worded the topic correctly!
      I just need to know if either 1) I'm making a mistake or 2) this could be set as a new feature?
      Using the global settings typography parameters, I have a global paragraph font type (set using googlefonts) and have set the style to align:justify. When laying out <p> text inside a simple TEXT module, the <p> text adheres to both the font type and justification. Perfect.
      Now, when I set <p> text inside the PARAGRAPH TEXT field within an ELEMENT module, the <p> text adheres to the font type, but not the justification. It's rather annoying as I like to fully justify para text across the board and tend to use Element modules instead of text boxes for various reasons. It also seems silly that some PARAGRAPH TEXT fields adopt global settings, whilst other don't.
      Or I'm doing it wrong :S
      Any help or advice is much appreciated!
      Cheers
    • Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      It seems like the H1 tag in the Pagelines 5 framework is missing the entry-title tag. Google Search Console complains about that and it seems like it needs to be fixed in the theme. Based on another thread, this looks like a known issue but I haven't seen any updates from the framework team.
      Any indication of what the status on this issue is?
      The site in question that I have that issue with is michaelkummer.com.
      Thanks
      Michael
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello,
      I wondering (and custumers) when does Font Awesome 4.7 comes with an update of Pagelines?
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      How can I remove the "next post" links below each post page? 
      https://queue-it.com/cdn-blog/
      Before we had a related post section, but I can't find it among any functions, widgets etc. 

• kellid