jankowalski

Custom Post Type Template

jankowalski

I need to modify template for custom post type individual page. I want to insert featured image into custom type posts content ( set custom size and align also)

Do i need a hook? How would it look like?

Thanks

Danny

I am not sure what you mean, can you provide more information.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jankowalski

How can i modify template for my video custom pot type? I m not talking about drag and drop but about modyfing content space.

Also my general loop works in magazine mode. can i use blog mode for video custom pot type, how?

James B

Hi there, you can create a custom page template using this method http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Create_a_Custom_Page_Template. But I'm not sure what you mean by modifying the content space, if you're just using the standard entry/text content within the template it will expand according to what content you put in it. If you want it to be larger/smaller you can use css to tailor the display.

We'd really need to know exactly how you're planning to modify it to give the best possible solution.

Unfortunately the Framework will not allow you to select two different options for displaying the post loop. However you could look into using a section (drag and drop section which replaces the blog roll on a template) like letters from the Pl store which would display your posts in a list opposed the magazine layout.

Take a look at letters here and see if it will work for you http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/pagelines-letters/

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jankowalski

i have magazine mode selected in my blog settings which display my entries in two nice columns.

But I need to display diferently book custom post type entries, just one line with some css improvements.

So i want to create a book query and have control over design of the loop. How do i do that?