Recommended Forum Plugin?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I tried out vanilla forums when PageLines Framework was newly introduced and had some issues. I believe the PageLines forum itself was previously run on Vanilla but no longer is (correct?).

I'm starting a new site & would appreciate a list of recommended forums.

I liked the Vanilla features more than bbPress, but would like to know my options and their associated problems with PageLines.

Thank you Simon.

Would that mean that bbPress & Simple Press are the two forums I could expect to work best with PageLines Framework?

Yes, there are some customers who use bbPress.

Thank you Catrina, I will take a look at both of those.

Just in case neither is too appealing, can you tell me what the status is with Vanilla integration?

Hi there,

The Vanilla integration is still available, we've not done anything to it lately.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Issues with getting Simple Press Forums to work
      By globalnative
      Hi y'all, it's been a while!
      I'm having trouble with installing Simple Forum on my site. It comes up looking like this:
      Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks a million
    • How do I mark a thread answered?
      By dgsarnow+
      I have posted a number of threads that Danny has successfully answered. I want to make sure those are marked answered. Is that something I can do, or something I need to indicate to PageLines to do?
    • [resolved] Simple:Press bootstrap uploader issue
      By weave5
      I'm using the Simple:Press forum plugin and the forum has its own plugins, and one that is not running properly is the file uploader. Simple:Press says it's due to a conflict with bootstrap, and they suggest that I edit the theme and make sure bootstrap is loaded before the jQuery-UI core library.
      My website: The page is this: The theme is pagelines framework running on wordpress 3.8.
      I'm a beginner. Can someone explain step by step, how to edit the page's theme so that bootstrap loads before the jquery-ui..?
    • Notifications from this Forum
      By GetMeWebDesign+
      I have stopped receiving email notifications from the forum from topics I follow or participate in. Has anyone else experienced the same or know why. 
      I have checked my settings, email, cleared old notifications, but still nothing
    • Cannot post in the Techincal Support (Personal, Business & Developer) Forum?
      By allanlove+
      I have a DMS developer licence but I am not able to start a new topic in the Techincal Support (Personal, Business & Developer) section of the forum?
      I have tried completely logging out and back in again but this isn't helping.