magu

Need Help With Fixed Navigation Bar + Plugin

magu    0
magu

Hi,

I can really need your help with this. I would like to insert a translation plugin in the fixed navigation bar, to show in there multiple languages.

Is it possible?

Many thanks in advance.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

To do this you will need to use a hook, to insert your language selector code. What you will need to do is install the free plugin available in the PageLines store called ActionMap. Once installed, refresh your homepage and in the top left hand corner of the admin bar, there should be a new link called ActionMap.

Clicking this link, will load all available hooks on that page. You can then use the hook that is available for the Fixed Nav.

For example,

add_action('get_search_form', 'fixednav_language');

function fixednav_language(){

Add your Language code here.

?>[/CODE]

The above code is just an example and may require amending. If you need more information regarding hooks, visite the Wordpress Codex page here - http://codex.wordpre...lugin_API/Hooks

If you're unsure how to proceed with hooks, you could contact one of our Pros - http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

magu    0
magu

Thank you very much! I'll try to follow your instructions tonight.

Danny    1,327
Danny

I've marked the topic as resolved but if you require further assistance, reply here and we can open the topic again.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• mzhafzah
      By mzhafzah
      Hello
      I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)
      Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.
      TycoonJé
    • napait
      By napait+
      Hello All,

My question is.. How do I add more social icons using the Navi section in Mobile Menu mode?

The only two that show up are the Facebook and Twitter, from the information you fill out in the Site Setting > Social & Local.

Please review site for example: www.napait.com

I would like to be able to add custom icons such as other social and phone, map, contact icons after these social icons in the mobile menu. Basically want to move the phone icon into the social icons bar. Having looked for the right hook using Hooker plugin I still have been unsuccessful.

Thank you in advance.

Kevin
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers
      Website URL: http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Framework Version:  2.1.9.2
      WordPress Version: 4.1
      Plugins in Use: The Pagelines Plugins

Hey guys,

I have a problem since I tried to add a custom font in my theme.
      I created a font-face-kit via "font-squirrel" and I tried to include the font on this way the docs tell me to do it:

http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/adding-custom-fonts
      http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/base-child-theme

But it didn't work and it messed up the page in Firefox. Of course the Cache is empty, code deleted, plugins deactivated, but it still shows a messed up page in Firefox! I've included 2 screenshots to show you the problem (and another problem with the background-color of the font, maybe you see there is blue but I've chosen an orange)

Greetings,
      Tristan
    • afrankadvice
      By afrankadvice
      Hi,

I've got a form where the user can select max 3 checkboxes. My setup is like this below. I've added the jQuery script to the custom script area. But for some reason I can select all checkboxes. Can anyone help me?

HTML

<div id="bla">     <p>         Checkbox 1: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="1" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 2: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="2" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 3: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="3" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 4: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="4" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 5: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="5" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 6: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="6" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 7: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="7" />     </p>     <p>         Checkbox 8: <input type="checkbox" name="checkme[]" value="8" />     </p> </div>   jQuery   <script> jQuery(document).jQuery(function() { $("#bla :checkbox").click(function() {     if($("#bla :checkbox:checked").length >= 3) {         $("#bla :checkbox:not(:checked)").attr("disabled", "disabled");     } else {         $("#bla :checkbox").attr("disabled", "");     } }) }); </script>
    • kwp4petar
      By kwp4petar
      I have been trying so many different options on the forums and nothing's working for me.  On one site (most recent one i'm working on), I can change the size of the navigation bar at the top with no problem at all.  However, when I try using Simple Navi (Full Width) on another site, nothing works.  All I want is the logo to be larger (be it by changing the size of the container or the image div itself). I think my biggest issue is not knowing exactly what I need to direct my css changes to.  I am also trying to change the background of the bar.  I don't want any background. 100% transparent background.  I've tried using 'background-color: transparent;' but that hasn't had any effect so far.  I also tried using a 1% (as well as a 50%) transparent solid color image from photoshop to set it as the background, but that didn't work either.

So here's the long story short of what I want:

1. What's the easiest way to find the exact name of the object(would 'div' be a more correct term?) I am making changes to in css? (i've tried using Chrome's 'Inspect Element' but that doesn't always work)

ex: How do people know to do '.section-navi img { .... }'

2. How do I change the size of the logo being used in Simple Navi (full-width)?

3. How can I make the navbar have either slightly transparent solid colored background, or no background at all (100% transparent).