Off to Races

Brand Nav Truncates In Chrome

Off to Races    0
Off to Races

Any idea why the brand nav truncates in Chrome? The "Contact" tab appears under the "Home" tab rather than last in line. I tried custom code .brandnav-nav .main_nav .fix {width:100%;} but it didn't work. Here's a screen shot: post-40554-0-61087900-1352133833_thumb.j

Jenny    33
Jenny

It is simply the difference of how browsers display fonts. The easiest fix would be to remove the arrows from the drop down menus by visiting PageLines -> Site Options -> Header and Footer.

If you don't want to do that, then you'll have to write some custom CSS.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Off to Races    0
Off to Races

But there's plenty of room to the left so why would it truncate? Again, I wrote the custom code .brandnav-nav .main_nav .fix {width:100%;} but it didn't work.

James B    436
James B

It looks like the background color is only assigned to the buttons, so you're not going to get the bar stretching the entire width of the page unless you add some additional padding to the li elements and then give the nav-container a background color to match the buttons. You can try the code below, you might have to tweak it in firebug to get it aligning properly.

#brandnav .brandnav-nav {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFE5C6;

margin-left: 0;

min-width: 948px !important;

}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B