basmati

Need Css Ninja For Ie 7 And Ie 8 Fixes

basmati    4
basmati

Hi Folks,

we are working on a page.

IE 9 and IE 10, Firefox, Chrome, Safari looking good, but there are lots of errors in IE 7 and IE 8!

The settings in Pagelines (latest version).

Branding and feature should be on one line and above the nav, the jquery menu with search field beyond - the footer should float to the right.

Just have a look on the live link above - with a normal modern browser and you'll see...

It could have something to do with the float bug in IE 7,

unfortunately i'am not a code ninja!

But i need one.

thanks for any ideas...

edit:

its seems to be a larger problem ...

http://www.pagelines...rowser-testing/

i am using IE Enhancer and Modernizer Plugin

but that fixes only some problems...

basmati    4
basmati

tests with google header script

<!--[if lt IE 9]>

<script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.1([b]beta4[/b])/IE9.js"></script>

<![endif]-->

now IE 8 http://www.browserstack.com

is acceptable ... loading time ...

screenshots IE 7 has a gap between the jQuery nav on the left and the yellow branding box - and the content div is 960px.

mackenzie    12
mackenzie

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with IE 7 and 8 however the code is most likely not supported in these older versions and that is causing the problem. For example, HTML5 and CSS3 are not supported in IE7 and IE8 so this would definitely cause differences and issues with the site.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

basmati    4
basmati

thanks, i just read it in simons annotations. the above google script seems to be an acceptable solution...

Danny    1,327
Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Adrianna Lima
      By Adrianna Lima+
      Hi,

I just finished my website. Now i want to start adding css for ie7, where do i start for basic width and column. i am not using pageline dms plugins. Only widgetized.

Thanks
    • catpage
      By catpage
      Hi

I am having trouble getting a site logo to sit top right in the header and social icons top left...

It -almost- works by setting custom CSS for the logo:
      .section-branding .mainlogo-link, .section-branding .mainlogo-img {float:right;} and then 'branding options - social icons' Distance from the right in pixels to a large value such as 1000 (under 'site options' then 'header and footer')

The trouble with this approach is that the icons can be pushed off the edge of screen when narrowing the browser window or on a mobile platform...

Far from ideal anyhow. What would be a better way of achieving this?
    • Mike
      By Mike
      Hi, just wondering if there's an easy way to wrap the text in a paglines box around the image? Floats don't seem to work as the image isn't inside the text div. (Or maybe I'm just floating the wrong thing!)

No live example I'm afraid but it's a standard box setup with image on left.
    • gayatriom
      By gayatriom
      Hi. I'd like to move a single nav bar item to the right. 

this is what I have:

li#menu-item-114{float:right;font-size:18px;color: #225e20; font-weight:bolder;} li#menu-item-114 a {float:right} .navbar .navline li#menu-item-114 a {float: right;} .navbar .navline li#menu-item-114  {float: right !important;}   However, the above isn't working. Any thoughts? I just want one menu item on the navbar to float right.  I don't want to use margin as it will mess up in responsive mode.          Quote MultiQuote Edit    
    • SaleekR
      By SaleekR
      My brain is fried and i'm sure this is a simple fix, but my mind just wants to sleep...
      I'm trying to replace the branding section with the universal sidebar and a text widget to get 3 divs floating side by side.
      But for the life of me i just can't get it to work.
      Any suggestions as to what i did wrongs?

http://cloudcomputingnewyork.com/dev/

Thanks