Sign in to follow this  
basmati

Creating Own Feature Templates For Styling

basmati    4
basmati

i'd like to create my own feature templates for styling and select them within the backend. is there a way without editing the php code within the framework folder? a function? would love this option for further pagelines development ... thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

First of all, please do not create multiple topics regarding the same issue - http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/23140-feature-templates-for-styling/

Regarding your question, I am not sure what you're referring to, feature templates ?

Can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

basmati    4
basmati

sorry danny - i wrote this topic accidentaly ...

so back to the point - in pagelines its possible to choose feature styles - like: text on bottom, dark feature with light text, etc.

it would be great to greate new style templates to choose from the backend in the feature setup ...

basmati    4
basmati

seems like there is no solution ??

but you made the topic a suggestion for further pl development?

James B    436
James B

Without using PHP and/or copying the section into a child theme and editing, I don't think there's another way round it. It would be more like crafting your own custom slider using the main features section as a template. Might be easier to make a selection of css snippets which you can paste in per project depending on the styles you've created.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B