Sign in to follow this  
robbingheeslingyahoocom

Highlight Page Template

robbingheeslingyahoocom

Hello again! I'm wondering if it is possible for the right sidebar to be completely removed and the highlight color to go across the full page. Thanks! WHP 2 WP 3

bryan-hadaway

Try this instead and check back with me and we'll have a look and see if further alteration will be needed: ` .page-template-page-highlight-php #sidebar{display:none} .page-template-page-highlight-php #maincontent, .page-template-page-highlight-php #highlight{width:960px} ` Thanks, Bryan

robbingheeslingyahoocom

Good point! No, if I had my wish, I would have 2 options: 1 colored template with sidebar 1 colored template "wide" with sidebar (Everything under ITINERARIES would be full width. Everything under WINE COUNTRY INFO would be WITH sidebar.)

bryan-hadaway

Okay, with the following code, I've targeted just the ITINERARIES Highlight pages: ` .page-id-1000 #sidebar, .page-id-1003 #sidebar, .page-id-1147 #sidebar{display:none} .page-id-1000 #maincontent, .page-id-1003 #maincontent, .page-id-1147 #maincontent, .page-id-1000 #highlight, .page-id-1003 #highlight, .page-id-1147 #highlight{width:960px} ` Now it'll be a matter of refining the code. Thanks, Bryan

robbingheeslingyahoocom

Saweet... yep. That does indeed "restore" the WINE COUNTRY INFO pages. Color still doesn't expand to the 960. FYI: this code is also there in the custom code box but I did try removing it completely to see if it was overriding something else and only the text changed: .post-footer .left span { width: auto; background: none; padding: 4px 0;} .post-footer .left a{display: none;} #featurenav { left: 35px;} #maincontent #highlight .fcontent {width: 540px} #highlight h1 {text-align:center}

bryan-hadaway

Let's update the code to this: ` .page-id-1000 #sidebar, .page-id-1003 #sidebar, .page-id-1147 #sidebar{display:none} .page-id-1000 #maincontent, .page-id-1003 #maincontent, .page-id-1147 #maincontent, .page-id-1000 #highlight .fcontent, .page-id-1003 #highlight .fcontent, .page-id-1147 #highlight .fcontent{width:960px} ` Thanks, Bryan

robbingheeslingyahoocom

Nope. No change.

bryan-hadaway

Starting to scratch my head on this one. Let's give this a try: ` .page-id-1000 #sidebar, .page-id-1003 #sidebar, .page-id-1147 #sidebar{display:none} .page-id-1000 #maincontent, .page-id-1003 #maincontent, .page-id-1147 #maincontent, .page-id-1000 #highlight, .page-id-1003 #highlight, .page-id-1147 #highlight, .page-id-1000 #highlight .fcontent, .page-id-1003 #highlight .fcontent, .page-id-1147 #highlight .fcontent{width:960px} ` Thanks, Bryan

robbingheeslingyahoocom

I dunno! Still no change. I took out the other code again for safety....no change in the color!

cmunns

The color is controlled by a background image and thus will not stretch. You can delete the background image and define a solid color instead that matches that red otherwise you will need to modify the image itself in order to achieve this. Otherwise it would work. Thoughts?

robbingheeslingyahoocom

A ha! I couldn't remember if it was a repeating slice or a "hard graphic." And because of that, there is no way for me to have 2 different styles of highlight page correct? (If I adapt the graphic to be 960px, it will screw up the other pages that are being used as-is/out of the box, widgets and all. Full template page it is unless I'm missing something. I just sure liked the color splash it gave to the page.

cmunns

There is ALWAYS a way! haha You could just duplicate the graphic and rename it. Really the only thing that screws it up is the offset color frame inside of that area otherwise it would be a repeating slice. I don't know what image creation software you have but you could come up with a simple gradient that would like nice as well that could repeat and work for both or just duplicate the image and have two versions. one stretched, one not, but I'm not really sure what you have available to you...so you tell me and we can go from there with the best solution.

robbingheeslingyahoocom

Well, but code/template wise the pull down menu only refers to the one template though right? I think I've got it figured out to where I use the secondary side bar for my "product" pages and the regular sidebar with ads and silly widgets and stuff on the blog page.

cmunns

pull down menu? I don't see how that is related to the graphic that was in question prior. Sorry Robbin am I missing something?