iems

Background

Simon    247
Simon

How long? Instantly, just open wp-admin to clear the css, then next visit to the front end will re-create the css cache.

iems    1
iems

Not working. I've cleared cache several times and re-logged into wp-admin and no change.

Simon    247
Simon

What cache? You should not have to clear anything! Just add that mu-plugin, and the oagelines area should load up again, if it doesnt, means you have installed the mu-plugin to the wrong place.

iems    1
iems

there is another plug to install? kinda hard to do when the screen under the plugin tab in wp-admin is blank. Within the FTP program, I had thought you meant to say to add a new directory "mu-plugins" in the "wp-content" directory. Then I added a file and copy / paste "<?phpadd_action( 'admin_init', function() { plupop( 'customcss', '' ); } );?>" into it.

Not what you said?

I am sorry you are getting frustrated with me. This is my first WP site, and likely my last. I Do appreciate your help.

Simon    247
Simon

Paste this into it, exactly like it is:

<?php

add_action( 'admin_init', function() { plupop( 'customcss', '' ); } );

?>

And call the file fix.php or something

HAS to be .php

iems    1
iems

Ok, we're back online. Now I just need to reconstruct the css to accomplish the following for ccbsi.com:

1 - I need to make the background 50% transparent

2 - I need to make the text in the hero black & a different font

3 - I need to make the text in the footer white

I'll do a search to see if I can find it. Hopefully I won't pick a code that breaks the system.

Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated. More than you know.

iems    1
iems

For ccbsi.com...

Background - done?

Hero section - done?

Footer section - done?

#site .content, #footer .content { background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5); }

#footer {color: white;}

.pl-hero-wrap { background: white}

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 { font-family: pristina, sans-serif; color: #b87333; font-size: 46px !important; font-weight:bold !important; }

.pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero p { color: black; font-size: 18px !important; font-weight:bold !important; }

I forgot to ask for the code to make the text in the body have less padding (to make even with the boxes)? padding? "#site .content {padding: 0px}"

James B    436
James B

Hi there, as you're a Pagelines Lite customer, there's only limited support we can offer you when it comes to customizing your site.

We'd encourage you use firebug (www.getfirebug.com) to locate the selector's you're looking for and http://www.w3schools.com/css/ in order to find the css you require to edit, both will really assist you in designing sites with Pagelines.

If you upgrade to the Pro or Dev version of our product you will then have access to our full support forum where you can ask any questions you may have. To see all the differences between Lite and Pro/Dev, please visit http://www.pagelines.com/lite-vs-professional-differences/.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

iems    1
iems

I really appreciate all of your help - last issue I promis... how to remove padding from body paragraphs in the content section.

Tried ".content {padding: 0;}" but not working. What did I miss?

iems    1
iems

<section id="content" class="container no_clone section-content-area fix">

<div class="texture">

<div class="content">

<div class="content-pad">

<div id="pagelines_content" class="fullwidth fix">

<div id="column-wrap" class="fix">

<div id="column-main" class="mcolumn fix">

<div class="mcolumn-pad"> This is the final element where the text is located, but I tried ".mcolumn-pad {padding: 0px}

I know I need to learn how to use Firebug, but I am having trouble getting my eye on the right element. A little help?

catrina    103
catrina

In Firebug, there's a hierarchy of DIV layers. Think of it as DIV layers contained in more DIV layers. If .mcolumn-pad is inside column-main, you should make the CSS more specific by adding: .column-man .mcolumn-pad (if it's not this combination, then it is another)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

iems    1
iems

Ok. so you are saying for it to work I should enter something like ".column-main .mcolumn-pad {padding: 0;}"? What about the 6 layers above that?

James B    436
James B

It depends on the item you're targeting. Most of the time you'll start with the class, and work upwards through the layers until you find the correct selector combination. Sometimes adding !important after the css can force the changes though.

.class {foo:12px !important;}

I'm not sure if you're seen this already but there's a video on the attached link which explains using firebug, its for an older version of the theme, but the process is still the same to find the code. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization-tips

If you need someone to assist with the css alterations or any other areas on the site which require altering, we have a group of Pagelines Pros who take on private customization jobs. You can find them on www.pagelines.com/pros

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

iems    1
iems

And the correct answer is.... ".mcolumn-pad {padding: 0 !important;}"

"resolved" Thank you so much.

Simon    247
Simon

The topic was marked as resolved.