Sign in to follow this  
jon4paryahoocom

Feature Box - add shortcode (iBlogPro4)

jon4paryahoocom

My goal is to add the plugin "Flexi Quote Rotator" to the bottom right corner feature box. The plugin gives me 3 options: 1. Use the widget created (Design > Widgets) 2. Add this shortcode to your page or post content:

[quoteRotator title="{optional title}" delay="  {delay in seconds, optional}" fade="{fade-in duration in seconds, optional}" fadeout="{fade-out duration in seconds, optional}"]
	          e.g.1: [quoteRotator]
	          e.g.2: [quoteRotator title="Testimonials" delay="8" fade="4" fadeout="2"]
3. Insert a PHP snippet in template:
<?php echo $quoteRotator->getQuoteCode({optional title}, {delay in seconds, optional}, {fade-in duration in seconds, optional}, {fade-out duration in seconds, optional});?>
e.g.1: <?php echo $quoteRotator->getQuoteCode(); ?> e.g.2: <?php echo $quoteRotator->getQuoteCode("Testimonials", 8, 4, 2); ?> I am able to call the plugin by entering
[quoteRotator]

in a feature slide and it works fine. Also I can do the same on a page but for some reason it doesn't work in the feature box? If I need to use the PHP Snippet code, where would I put that? Thank you for your time. My site is http://glimpziz.com/

cmunns

The feature boxes are configured the same way as the feature slides and should accept shortcodes. I would double check to make sure you entered it correctly.

jon4paryahoocom

That's what I thought but its just the feature box that will not take any of the code I mentioned in my first post. If I put any code in the feature box like

[quoteRotator]

it just displays it like text. See screenshot. The plugin website is here. I have tried all the code that is listed. It works on a page and feature slide just not the box :(Picture-2.png

bryan-hadaway

I've noticed some problems with this before, unfortunately I can't help much, you'll need developer help on this. Please bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Thanks for the bump... Which version of the theme are you running? Its strange that its not working... here is the relevant code from the feature boxes that handles the content: `

<?php echo do_shortcode($fbox['text']);?>
` as you can see, the shortcodes are supposed to be processed. Try setting up another feature page, fresh.. and see if it works there.. I'm wondering if some other php or markup could affect it.

jon4paryahoocom

Hi, thanks for the reply. My Version is iBlogPro 4.0.2 If I create a new page and choose the "feature page default" it just creates a copy of my current home feature page. I'm not sure how to make a "fresh one" with out having to delete my home feature page.

cmunns

For now don't delete your current home page, just test the shortcode on the new/fresh home page that you created.

jon4paryahoocom

I created a new home page and it looks to be doing the same thing. I guess I really don't have to put the plugin in that exact spot (feature box). I am sure you guys have bigger problems to worry about then this. If you guys have any other things I can try its cool, but if not don't worry about it as much and I'll find somewhere else to put it. Thanks.

cmunns

Could you test another shortcode, maybe a googlemaps shortcode? like we use in our theme demos?

jon4paryahoocom

The google test worked. I entered the following into the feature box of iblogpro4:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=embed&g=1313+South+Harbor+Boulevard,+Anaheim,+CA+92802&ie=UTF8&cd=1&sll=33.860024,-118.089881&sspn=0.410009,0.710897&ll=33.849889,-117.914886&spn=0.399532,0.419845&output=embed"></iframe><small>View Larger Map</small>[/code]

So.... if this code worked and the other didn't i am not sure what to do. The plugin "Flexi Quote Rotator" works in the feature slide of iblog 4, pretty much anywhere except for the feature box section. The only reason why I keep working on this is because I think the best spot for the testimonials would look cool in the bottom right feature box. My site is www.glimpziz.com.

bryan-hadaway

What this means is that it might be problem conflicting with the plugin itself, have you looked around and tried other plugins that so the same thing? Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

Okay, let us know. Thanks, Bryan

jon4paryahoocom

By the way, if I were to purchase the forum for iblogpro4. I think its officially called "iForum", would it have the same feature as within this forum? Like the feature to show the status of the topic being resolved showing a green check and an X if not resolved? I think that style is pretty clean.

bryan-hadaway

I believe this forum is based off of iForum, but the resolved feature, I'm pretty sure is a plugin for bbPress. I'm sure a developer can clarify. Thanks, Bryan