Sign in to follow this  
oinegue1960

New To 2.3.5 - How To Use 'less'

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

Hello,

I read docs about LESS but it's not clear to me if I have to install some script on my hosting space in order to use it or LESS works 'as is' in the core of PL?

I mean...can I use PL 2.3.5 same way I used 2.1.6?

Thanks

catrina    103
catrina

Yes, you can use 2.3.5 the same way. If you don't plan on using Mixins or Operations, you don't need to worry about editing any LESS files.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

I'm searching for 'Mixins' and 'Operations' but it seems there's no PL wiki about that...

Please do you have some reference that?

EDIT: I've found this http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/

Thanks Catrina :)

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

Thanks, we can close this topic

mackenzie    12
mackenzie

The topic was marked as resolved.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• GreyFoxWebDesign
      By GreyFoxWebDesign+
      Hi, could you let me know where the custom less/css is saved to - i.e. how I could access it directly via the server.
      I hid the Admin Bar by mistake and now can't save any changes to the Custom CSS as the Save Button is not available - so I need to find another way to access and edit the custom CSS.
      Thanks in advance
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      How do I get the LESS in a child theme to compile?
    • dymond
      By dymond+
      I've been trying to upload a video to use as a video background, but the size was 12m, and the alotted max file size is 8m. I downloaded a couple of pugins that increase the size by creating php.ini files and all of that jazz, but to no avail. It would say (Max file size = 250mb) but after I uploaded I would get an "HTTP ERROR",
      Soooo I logged into my cpanel and saw that the php I was using was 4 version out of date. I upgraded my php to PHP 5.6 and now I get
      Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in /homepages/39/d200014696/htdocs/dymondentertainment.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 848
      When I activiate another theme that is not pagleines, the site works fine.... but will no longer work with Pagelines DMS Version 2.2

My site has no gone dark. What can I do?
    • station16
      By station16
      I installed DMS for a new site and got an error message on install and when I install any plugin.
      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/208781/domains/prevailcoffee.co/html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/less.legacy.php on line 818
      I installed the latest DMS 2.1.9.6

Please advise. I'm now having issues getting any plugins to work. Not sure what to do next.
      thanks,
      -b
    • mnagillum
      By mnagillum+
      I built a simple site without a child theme, using just the Custom Styling Classes and Inline CSS Styling available in PageLines' various sections. I also added a few lines of CSS in the Jetpack Appearance tool--maybe 10 or 12 lines, nowhere near 1040. I am now getting this message:

/* LESS PARSE ERROR in your Custom CSS: parse error: failed at `` line: 1040 */
      Where can I find the Custom CSS and--more importantly--how can I fix it?
      The site is ndpointstrategies.com.
      Thanks in advance.