mercurial_transitions

404 Page Error

mercurial_transitions    0
mercurial_transitions

Hi There,

After struggling all night, I just successfully migrated my site to a new domain. However now I notice that whenever I try to save a Page Options or Site Options in the Pagelines Dashboard I get directed to the 404 page, and my changes don't get saved. I have a screenshot available to send you.

It says on the title bar: Nothing found for Wp-admin Options PHP.

Any tips?

post-43747-0-27329600-1351711863_thumb.p

Rob    547
Rob

This sounds like you may need a complete WP reinstall.

But before we go that route, let's try this: Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, save the settings.

See if that works before we take more draconian steps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon    247
Simon

Also make sure you have the URL's set right under wordpress => settings

mercurial_transitions

Hello both!

I went to the Settings and did what you said.

I saved the Permalinks settings. The links are correct.

What happens is that when I try to save a change in Pagelines - Site or Page Options - say adding an image to a Quickslider it automatically takes me to the 404 page.

What's next. And thanks for the quick response.

mercurial_transitions

I just noticed that it also automatically takes me to this URL when it pops me into the 404 page after trying to save a change

http://mercurialtran...min/options.php

and this is the page it goes to in my original database when I save a change.

http://127.0.0.1:8080/wordpress/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines_special&settings-updated=true

Rob    547
Rob

Somewhere in your settings, it's acting as if the site is still on a local development server. How are you trying to get to the page? From a link?

Rob    547
Rob

You appear to have checked "Supersize background" somewhere... either in the post, a page or in PL settings and then not uploaded the corresponding image.

As a result, you have a black, cushion-shaped box and your post tries to load ad-infinitum. This actually crashed my browser.

mercurial_transitions

Hi there,

I usually log in through typing this in: http://mercurialtransitions.com/wp-admin/.

I'm troubleshooting it on different browsers right now because I've been using Firefox so far.

Thanks so much for telling me about the supersize background. I was wondering what the black box was.

Rob    547
Rob

Well, you're logging in at the right place, but if your settings (wp-config, htaccess, Dashboard > Settings > General, etc.) are pointing to the development server (the link with the IP address), then there's something wrong you have to hunt down... specifically, that link's source.

mercurial_transitions

Thanks, I'm digging into it, and I have my domain providers checking into mod_security.

I replaced all the files in wp-admin with some from a fresh install, so it's not in there, wherever it is.

Rob    547
Rob

Remove and replace the /wp-includes folder.

However, as I said, this seems to be in a setting or in some code. I'm guessing wp-config (do not replace, but read/edit) or in .htaccess. Most likely, it's wp-config

mercurial_transitions

Hi there Rob,

As it turns out, this was a mod_security error with my host provider. I had them shut it off and now everything is working perfectly. Thanks so much for all your help, and I hope this post helps someone else in the future!

James B    436
James B

Thanks for letting us know the result :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B    436
James B

The topic was marked as resolved.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B