Sign in to follow this  
nayeem

Can’T Seem To Upgrade To Newest Version...

nayeem    0
nayeem

I still CAN”T update to the latest version. Here’s exactly the error message (no plugins active)

View paste

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Theme PageLines Framework (1/1)

Downloading update from http://api.pagelines.com/download/pagelines.zip…

Unpacking the update…

An error occurred while updating PageLines Framework: Could not copy file. /var/www/vhosts/elevatedbailbonds.com/httpdocs/wp-content/upgrade/pagelines.tmp/pagelines/admin/actions.admin.php.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

You'll need to upload a new version of Pagelines manually on this occasion via FTP. As the update failed previously it's created a temporary file, .tmp which needs to be removed in order for the update to go through. Your host might be able to help you do this if you become stuck. You can find out more about temp files here http://www.techzilo.com/temporary-tmp-files-wordpress/

We advise you to do a full back up prior to removing or re-installing any files.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      Currently, the main heading for an element is automatically wrapped with a <h1> tag.
      That's okay if the content its wrapping around is, in fact, meant to be the main heading for the page.
      But I suspect there may be people who will already have a heading on the page wrapped with <h1> tags, so that's going to create a bit of a semantic issue (theoretically, from what I understand about HTML5 spec, it is possible to have more than one <h1> tag on a page, but you really need to know what you're doing).
      So I think that designers should have the option to select that tag for each text part that makes up an element.
      Additionally, if the main heading of an element is being used as the <h1> heading for a page, if designers are able to select the tag, then it should automatically wrap the <h1> tag with <header> tags (and maybe even the appropriate classes - e.g., entry-heading, entry-title).
      When you look at the other text parts that make up an element, you see that the subheading is automatically wrapped in a <h3> tag.
      If the main heading tag is a <h1> tag (as it is at present) then, logically/semantically, the subheading should be wrapped in <h2> tags or <p> tags (perhaps it could be set conditionally - depending on designer selection of main heading).
      Further, the subheading <h3> tag actually wraps around <p> tags that contain the subheading content.
      That makes no sense whatsoever.
      Finally when you specify a tag in the paragraph textbox of an element, it doesn't actually that tag as HTML. Instead, it adds a class - using the specified tag (e.g., class="h2") to a span.
      That also does not make sense.
    • Tanzstern
      By Tanzstern
      Hello,
      at first: Sorry for my poor englisch.

I use WP 3.7 with PageLines 1.4.5, deactivated all plugins except "adrotate" and "Extended AdRotate Ad Placements" on www.tanzsternemesum.de
      If I have a look at the Theme "Twenty Twelve" I can see the Ad in my Side menue like configured in Adrotate.
      But in PageLines I can't see anything.

What's going wrong?

Regards, Olaf.
    • daragh
      By daragh
      Hi,

I've a client who I setup with the Pagelines Framework (2.1.6 at the time) and iBlogPro (5.1.1 at the time).

All was fine - I think he then hired someone to do SEO who updated Wordpress, the Framework and the themes and since then there's been problems.

Note that I'm using WP 3.7.1, I've added no plugins other than the Pagelines Framework theme and iBlogPro theme - i.e. WP is in an otherwise out of the box state.
      I have re-imported the site data.

I decided to go back and rebuild the site on a seperate server, using the versions used at the time (except for Wordpress). All seemed well, except that I'm getting a serious looking bug in the page / post editor screen under the select templates dropdown (see screengrab pagelines-template-error.jpg).

The menu looks 100% as we want it though (screengrab pagelines-menu-1.jpg). The colours / shading is correct, the right amount of space between the top level nav wording and the down arrow etc.
      Note at the top left I specify the Framework and iBlog theme version.

So, I then update the Framework to version 2.4.4 - which FIXES the page template error thing, but breaks the menu (screengrab pagelines-menu-2.jpg).

I then thought perhaps I need the latest iBlog version, so update that to ver 5.2.5 (screengrab pagelines-menu-3.jpg).

Still the menu isn't quite right - and the right drop down arrows are on top of the nav label text.

I feel that the framework must be updated (as I've done) in order to seemingly prevent some pretty serious looking admin errors that I'm seeing on the live site.
      But we really want to preserve the exact look and feel of the nav as in screengrab pagelines-menu-1.jpg.

Can you help / suggest some CSS / change to fix this?

Best Wishes,

Daragh Mulvey
      Information Managers

• photomomwife
      By photomomwife
      I updated Wordpress and Pagelines yesterday so I don't know where the problem lies, but right afterword the background image disappeared, the page color moved in front of text causing a gray screen, the logo disappeared and all the page options reset so that the footer was in the header and the Page Title and Subtitle disappeared. This happened on all of my sites and it was quite frustrating to figure this out.

I immediately deactivated some plugins and that helped to bring the color of the page to the back. Then I tried to reload the logo from the media library and even though I could see it there it would reappear. So then I removed and then re-uploaded the logo and then it came back.

Then I did the same for the background image but it will not come back. And then I went to page options and dragged things around until it looked right. It's like it reset and added all sorts of modules I never had in there. Also, the site seems way slower today.

Does anyone know what happened? And why can't I get the background image to reappear?
    • josh1178
      By josh1178
      I've been away from Pagelines for a while now. I came back and was very impressed with all the new features and the new web design.

But then, as I dig around further I notice that things are still a mess.

For example:
      Scroll Spy - I'd like to know what it is and how to use it.

I go to: http://demo.pagelines.me/sections/ to get a feel for what it is
      The description mentions unicorns and spies in an effort to be cute
      While cute, it's not helpful and quickly becomes frustrating when you read the 'explanation'

Explanation

.scroll-header is the class that triggers the scrolling. The class can be added to any element, and is not restricted to headings.
      Ok great. But what the heck is Scroll Spy?
      Let's look it up in the pagelines documentation:
      So, I go to: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Main_Page
      I click on How to Use ScrollSpy:
      In PageLines Framework 2.2, we have added a new Section called ScrollSpy. The ScrollSpy section adds an additional navigation bar that automatically updates nav targets based on scroll position. It is also useful for jumping from one section of your page to another instantly.
      Great, a practical definition!
      Let's look at the images. Wait, why do all the images say "

Placeholder image for ScrollSpy Content sreenshots"

Wait, scroll down a bit and there is Latin!
      Integer pharetra, tortor nec volutpat accumsan, ligula enim consectetur erat, porta imperdiet felis orci eget purus. Phasellus non auctor magna. Vestibulum at augue sit amet quam scelerisque rutrum. Aliquam erat volutpat. Cras lectus dolor, tincidunt laoreet molestie ac, vehicula sed ante.
      So, I hunt around for more info on the page and find these this:
      ScrollSpy works within your Page's editor, as long as ScrollSpy is enabled on the template your page is using. For a more in depth look and tutorial on how to get ScrollSpy working on your page, please visit the new PageLines Framework 2.2 Demo Site.
      But that link goes here!
      http://www.iana.org/domains/example/
      WTF
      I find some more links that say:
      In order to get ScrollSpy working on your page, it needs to be enabled in the Drag and Drop menu, and in the Template Setup area.
      More info on template setup here
      I click that and it takes me to a page that says:

Redirect page

How to use Drag & Drop

WTF

You guys really need to get it together. I just wanted a picture and definition of what the ScrollSpy section does. Next time I'll google it or just post to the forum or try to figure it out on my own, because the documentation/wiki is an obvious afterthought. Or maybe I'm supposed to buy Pagelines plus to deal with the headache?

The attribute title="Usage" is used as the actual label that sits inside the menu.