Plugin For Changing Background Image On Every Page Refresh?

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for a way to change the background image on my home page every time the page refreshes. I have found a few plugins (not Pagelines plugins) but there are a couple problems with them. Mainly the one that I found (Background Manager) disables my feature slider on the home page. Very frustrating b/c it is a great plugin otherwise. So I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a Pagelines plugin that will do this or of any other plugins that you think will work. Or I suppose if you have any suggestions as to why the Background Manager plugin is disabling my Feature Slider, that'd be great too. I'm stuck on this one.

Thanks a lot!

There is no PageLines plugin available in the store that performs this function. The best option would be other WP plugins, but I think Background Manager may be disabling Feature Slider because there's a conflict in there somewhere (you may need to try deactivating your other active plugins to see if the issue persists).

thanks. i tried deactivating all plugins but it didn't help. any idea what the conflict could be? and do you have any suggestions for other plugins? i also tried Better Backgrounds plugin but that one wouldn't allow me to only do the background image on the home page, it puts a background image on every page.

I would imagine it a JS conflict, if you contact the plugin author he may be able to advise a work around. I've not heard of any other plugins which may do the same. But we'll leave this thread open in case any other users have any suggestions.

If you don't find a solution you might want to look into getting a custom plugin created by one of the Pagelines Pros. Check them out here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• IssueM plugin
      By JudithKlinger+
      IssueM is a magazine plugin. It uses 'articles' instead of posts.
      I'm in the process of converting posts to articles.  
      In Edit Article mode, if you click on "View Article" it's perfect. No problems. 
      If you click Preview, it's trying to pull the post where it was copied from. If I delete the post, I get a Page Not Found error. 
      Preview is trying to pull a Post instead of an Article. 
      Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but thought you show know. 
    • WPML plugin
      By Jackey+
      @Andrew @Simon 
      After some extensive web building with WPML I experienced that I needed to do numerous workarounds to prevent my page data to get lost, and really could not dot the i's. I would therefore like to request PageLines to build a WPML plugin for PL5 that will enable all text fields in the PL5 editor to be handled with the string translator in WPML.
      I think that would give PL5 an edge on the international playing field.
    • CSS Hero question
      By janpeeters+
      Hi all,
      I was totally excited to find out about 'CSS Hero' ( I read about it in the compatible plugins section of the PL5 docs ( For me it's a great way to more easily customize my sites because I'm not a CSS pro.
      I'm wondering about one thing though… Does anyone know if using this will result in a heavy penalty on page loading speeds? Would love to start using it but only if it doesn't cost too much in terms of speed.
      Thanks, Jan
    • Can I remove the play button that appears on canvas area background images on mobile?
      By crose+
      I am using the Canvas Area section at the top of my site. I have a video playing in the background, which works really well on desktop. But on mobile video doesn't play without user interaction, so I have a static image in place as an alternate image. However when viewed on a mobile device there is now a play button over the static image that does nothing. This didn't use to happen so I imaging it is due to an upgrade. But this is really bad UX. Is there a way to remove it?
      Here is the site:
      Thanks in advance.
    • Make page background fill whole screen
      By jeomiland+
      Have a couple clients who are having background image issues. This should be a basic question so hope fix is easy. How do you get a specified image to auto resize so it fills the browser screen? Client has portrait-format image that's 1000x1000 and the left and right are displaying the background color (white) on my 1440 wide Macbook pro, as it is on client's computer. She has tried clicking "Fit image to page" and repeat background - neither is getting what she expects.  I suggested trying a landscape-format image.
      But the larger question is this - how does one plan a proper background image that will fill the whole screen - left to right - in the browser image and have it scale appropriately?  Should one always have landscape background images? What about scrolling vs not scrolling BG? How plan your BG image so it will fill the screen on laptops, ipads, iphones...  both in landscape and portrait format? Is it true that you can't do it? that either the left-right or top-bottom are cut off depending on the device and orientation?
      2 sites where this needs resolution: