Sign in to follow this  
buddha

WhiteHousePro3Dev Just Crashed my Site, all plugins gone

buddha

i installed whitehousepro3 developer, successfully deep integrated bbpress, then received this message: "iBlogPro Needs To Be Activated It appears you have deeply integrated with WordPress but still need to activate WhiteHousePro 2.1.0 or newer on that install." went back to site, theme was "broken" and gone, as were all the plugins...

bryan-hadaway

Can I please get a link and are you using the latest versions of your theme, WordPress, iForum and bbPress? Thanks, Bryan

buddha

i am pretty certain that i followed the directions correctly, but obviously something went wrong. i am thinking that i will just install a backup from two days ago and start again.

cmunns

Hmmm...You are the second person to have this issue. I'm guessing that the WordPress has changed how the themes interact in the new version. We'll look into it

Andrew

So are you having problems with the WordPress theme? When I go to your site I get a blank page, this is probably due to an error happening somewhere. Could be a conflict, etc... It *most likely* isn't caused by the forum install because they work independent of each other. On another note, the error message w/ the wrong name is definitely a bug we'll fix right away...

buddha

i first noticed a problem with whitehouse when i upgraded from wordpress 2.9x to 3.0. so i went back to 2.9 and waited for a couple updates to wordpress 3.0. i then updated to wordpress 3.0x, and followed with the update to whitehousepro3. i noticed some issues with named boxes (rather than numbered) advancing to the next box while the previous name stayed highlighted, but that was about it. i had some problems with the correct path on the deep integration but finally got it right, and everything seemed good bbpress until i got the "iblog pro needs to be activated..." error.

Andrew

strange, well I'd like to see your site up and running... then move on to the forum issues. The 'needs to be activated' error can also be created if for some reason you're getting an error that is preventing the theme from loading fully. i.e. the error is just checking if the 'theme functions' exist. So, do you know what caused your site to white out?

buddha

no idea, but i have to move on. quite an experience to delete 9 months and thousands of hours of work. hopefully, the backup to whitehouse 2 will get me running again. if you guys want to give the upgrade a try, i will email you the ftp info. otherwise, can i get a refund?

bryan-hadaway

Please hold tight for a developers help, also to inquire about a refund please contact here: http://www.pagelines.com/contact/ But, I'm confident they could get your problem resolved. Also, please bump your topic. Thanks, Bryan

buddha

Hi Bryan, my issue is still not resolved. Site has been down 3 days, and I am still uploading my backup. Why would I bump my topic?

buddha

i gave up and went with a clean install of wordpress and whitehouse3dev. punted on bbpress. from what i see in bbpress forums there are bbpress compatability issues with both pagelines and godaddy. the combination of all three took my site down for 1 week and caused countless hours of pointless frustration. i am still having problems with the clean install of whitehouse3, but i will save that for another post.

bryan-hadaway

Bumping is to show the developers you still need help, but I now see this topic as resolved, were you able to get everything fixed and how so? Thanks, Bryan

buddha

the developers never showed. i re-installed backups several times, but could not get them to work the same as before. so i exported the content, did a clean install, and re-imported. now, i am re-building the site--which is better than banging my head against the bbpress wall.

buddha

i should amend "the developers never showed." they appeared early, but never came back.