Sign in to follow this  
oinegue1960

Upgrading Either From 2.1.6 To 2.3.5 Or Wp From 3.3.2 To 3.4.2

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

Hi everybody.

I'm considering to upgrade as in the topic title.

Currently I've no need to upgrade really...my demo site is going fine...but each new release would take some improvement or it may solve some security problem... so sooner or later I'll need to upgrade.

My hosting provider is Hostgator.

Do you have some suggestion or feedback about upgrading?...it's worth?...how 2.3.5 will work with wp 3.4.2?

Thank you

catrina    103
catrina

I would highly recommend it since there have been fixes and updates since version 2.1.6.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

Catrina,

I did it the automatic upgrade by wp platform but it went bad. (the site showcases a lot of unexpected changes)

I needed to restore all...wp, pagelines and db (thanks God I had a full backup)

Now I only try to upgrade wordpress and plugins.

Back soon.

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

Done.

Now I have Pagelines 2.1.6 with WP 3.4.2 and it works as per normal.

Unfortunately version 2.1.6 and version 2.3.5 result so different that In my specific case it doesn't worth to upgrade as I would be obliged to rebuild the entire site.

Rob    547
Rob

You should update, but expect some CSS and other changes. You'll be able to fix anything easily.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

Rob, I'm not a coder and the site has many customizations which took me a lot of time and tries so upgrading could not result a 'quick' task to my modest coding skills.

Now I'm thinking to build a new site that would be based on the latest PL version, even if the backward incompatibility could make unuseful some customizations I learned so far.

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

base theme, of course, exactly to prevent 'surprises' in case of future upgrades, but I have to say it seems I'm not the luckiest... :lol:

oinegue1960    0
oinegue1960

I'll test them.

Thanks Catrina, we can close this topic.

mackenzie    12
mackenzie

The topic was marked as resolved.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.