mrjarbenne

Formatting The Features Slider For Blog Category

mrjarbenne    1
mrjarbenne

I can see the different options for customizing the format of the features slider (text on left, text on right etc) when I add a new Feature in the Features Custom Post type section, but I cannot seem to figure out how to change how the features slider looks if I am feeding the slider its content from a category of blog posts.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, when you say change the look, do you mean the style of the slider? The slider doesn't come with different skins or color options, any style based changes you want to make would have to be done with Css. Let us know a bit more about what you're looking to do and we'll look into it further for you

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mrjarbenne    1
mrjarbenne

If I create a feature in the features post type area, I can customize it using this menu https://www.evernote.com/shard/s6/sh/f9b56fdc-89f6-45d4-8b76-ebff964de92c/a06736071cf4114c94ec979f625fd6da

If I create a feature slider on a page, fed from a post category, I don't seem to have the ability to skin it with anything other than the "white text on left" option.

Jenny    33
Jenny

When using the post category mode for features, there are not options to change the layout. If you want to change it, you will have to write custom css code to do that. Learn more about writing custom CSS.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Previous webmaster has made short codes assigned to certain categories. For example: [pl_section section="loops" id="003"]  displays all the Job posts for tech. 
      But where can I assign a short code for a certain category? I can't find where to add the loop ID for the category.

Thank you

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Is is possible to have different layouts for different Post categories? We have Blog posts, News posts and Case studies that all are posts, but is it possible to differentiate their layouts?
      So far when I change a post layout it affects all Post type pages. Could it be done somehow with creating a separate template? 
      Examples below
      https://queue-it.com/news/
      https://queue-it.com/blog/

• Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We are still using DMS 2 and were wondering if it was at all compatible with slider revolution. (https://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380). Our issue is that the default revslider for DMS clips the top and sides of videos when made responsive. As the video is made smaller or larger the bottom of it tends to be cut off, or the sides are. We noticed slider revolution was 100% responsive, but have had numerous issues even getting it to display in DMS 2. We have tried using the shortcode, and various php scripts to no avail. Our last attempt was to try and load it with header scripts, but at this point we seem to be further away than ever. 
      This leads me to a few questions:
      1. Is Slider Revolution even compatible with DMS2?
      2. Is there a way we can get 100% responsive video in DMS 2 with zero clipping? (tonyrobbins.com is another good example of the effect we are trying to achieve.)
      3. If Slider Revolution is compatible, how do we go about adding it in?

Thank you for any help.

• vanessabt
      By vanessabt+
      Hi Developers, I wasn’t sure what the best way to get feedback was but didn’t really want to put this in the facebook group, I did put this in the slack developers group but trying to figure out the fastest way to get feedback.  I am starting a new site for a client and was looking through the showcase to see if there were any samples for slider modifications like I am trying to do for our build and couldn’t find them.  Basically I want to have a blue section at the bottom of each slide that has text in it.  The text will change with each slide along with the image.  Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how this modification could be made?  Here is a sample of the slider from the design.