Sign in to follow this  
infobartvandenheuvelnl

iBlogpro: Sidebar not showing on Default (Blog) Page

infobartvandenheuvelnl

Hi there, I have seen similar issues like the one I have on this forum, however couldn't figure out how to solve my problem. I would like to display a sidebar (flow sidebar) next to my blog entries on the blog page. But if I try to switch the sidebar on for the page and add widgets (also using the widget page logic feature), none of the widgets shows up next to my blog entries on the Blog page. With all other pages the sidebars are working just fine. Great if someone could help me out. This is the link to the page concerned. Many thanks in advance for your help. Kind regards, Bart.

cmunns

The blog page is set globally by choosing a global default sidebar. It does not respond to the page/post options like other pages. If you want the same sidebar on every page anyway you should just set it globally in the theme options.

infobartvandenheuvelnl

Dear Adam, Sorry, I am a real Wordpress nono... can you explain how to do this, 'setting it globally', using iBlogpro 3 and Wordpress 3. Many thanks for your help. Kind regards, Bart.

cmunns

In THEME OPTIONS > SIDEBAR OPTIONS there is an option to set the default sidebar. This is what will effect the main/blog page and ALL other pages, however, on all pages EXCEPT for the main blog page you can also change the sidebar to be specific to that page by scrolling down on the page editor screen to the specific page/post options. Does that help?