Trouble With Masthead

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to build a site using a masthead image that has text built in, but the only way I can get it to show up is if I put spaces into the Masthead text and tagline. This creates a huge gap of whitespace under the masthead image. I did a search here and found a fix with some custom CSS that sets the font size to zero, but it didn't do anything when I tried it.

Any ideas on how I could get rid of this whitespace?

Can you post a screenshot of this issue please, as I am not quite sure what you're referring to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Masthead styling CSS port to HTML
      By bjs198
      Hey there,
      I use quite a few templates to handle the look and feel of many many pages on a site and then populate the templated pages with a wp-content loop. However a client has asked that I effectively place a DMS2 Masthead at the top of each page as they prefer the styling of the title & tagline to the standard in WP. Obviously I can't do this when using templates as the Masthead would just replicate over all the associated templated pages, so could you please tell me if it's possible to recreate the title and tagline styling of the Masthead using HTML rather than CSS in the text view of the wp-content editor? I did inspect the HTML/CSS but came up fruitless...
      Hope that makes some kind of sense, and please excuse my coding ignorance :)
    • How to link a masthead button to a place in the same page?
      By knasen81
      Hi! I want to link a button in the musthead så that when clicked it send the visitor to a lower position/place in the same page. It is clear how you can type a link in a button så that the person sends to another page, but how do you send them to a lower place in the same page?
    • Masthead Text Not resizing properly on mobile
      By MobileParity+
      My Masthead text is not formatting to mobile devices. It was working fine last week and once I added the ShareBar section everything got a little off. At first I thought it was the width of the ShareBar that was causing the issue so I used a media query to resize the width and it works for the tablet size of 767px however my Masthead text is now askew and does not resize for the screen. I am using FitText.js to resize the headings (h1, h2, etc). Here is the media query that I am using for the ShareBar. For some reason I am 
      @media only screen and (max-width:767px) {  #sharebarui2dj1f .pl-sharebar { width:540px;     } }  
      Framework Version:dms2
      WordPress Version:4+
      Plugins in Use:FitText.js
    • Masthead Issue - Video may be the cause of it
      By DanatTLFN
      Hello there!
      I'm a bit panicky this evening as I was just making a quick change to the top half of my page when the DMS decided to stop loading up.
      The steps I took before refreshing are as follows: 
      Added in a Masthead
      Embedded a YouTube Video into the Video field on the editing panel
      Began pulling hair out
      After this I went to troubleshoot it and have deactivated all plugins however the problem still persists with all plugins deactivated. I am pretty sure it is a something to do with the Masthead, however not being able to get in and remove that section, makes seeing a solution somewhat rather difficult.
      Anyway I shall look forward to hearing your response.
      PS. I am running DMS 2 
      GoDaddy hosting
      and 21 Plugins all of which I have mentioned in previous posts.
    • I got some problem that using Chinese words in DMS object.
      By Fenrir.Lin
      Everyone,I got some problem in DMS version
      When I use DMS version " Masthead " and " Hero " those two object. 
      I type Chinese words into Title or Tagline (Masthead) 
      and Heading or Subtext (Hero).
      Then I can't save or publish it.
      So what happened?
      Can someone help me to solve it?
      Thank you all.