Sign in to follow this  
jane

Facebook Like Button Sharing Wrong Photo

jane    6
jane

In our blog posts when people click the facebook like button it shares the wrong photo. I use the featured image feature so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Rob    547
Rob

I'm afraid this sounds like a problem you need to ask Facebook.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

evan    0
evan

This can happen just from having one image there and then changing it after facebook has cached it, or not having open graph data turned on.

Make sure you have "Display facebook Opengraph data in page header" enabled under Site Options. If you have another plugin that is adding open graph data there may be a conflict of sorts.

From there, you will need to clear the wrong image from facebook's cache. To do this, enter the offending page's url into the Facebook debugger here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug and click Debug. This will force facebook to reparse the page which will also grab the right image, if it is defined properly in the opengraph meta.

That should clear things up for you! ;)

• Like 1

jane    6
jane

Thank you Evan - that fixed it! Had it not been for you explanation I would have thought I was stuck with this rather annoying problem.

Thanks again!!