brightgreenhomes

upgrading to 2.3.3 deletes my theme

Simon    247
Simon

OK, can you get into wp-admin? if so disable the plugin that is causing the deprecated notice.

Looks like the soapbox section needs to be disabled. So for now just delete the folder from pagelines-sections, then load wp-admin and visit the 'store' tab to reset all the sections.

brightgreenhomes    2
brightgreenhomes

nope - wp-admin is also just a blank white screen with the message about deprecated theme...

So,

if I delete (using filezilla) : content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/fundraising-thermometer-plugin-for-wordpress/ourprogress.php

and

/content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/pagelines-soapbox/section.php

will this restore it?

Simon    247
Simon

delete the folder pagelines-soapbox/

brightgreenhomes    2
brightgreenhomes

ok - done - we have lift off. I still have the debug set to true.

How am I going to be able to upgrade to 2.3.3? I seem to have other problems (like not being able to add photos to the media library) and assume these are all related to not being able to upgrade? Is this still a problem with the host do you think?

Now when I get to the wp-admin dashboard this is the message I receive:

Notice: get_current_theme is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638 Notice: Undefined index: ourprogresssubmit in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/fundraising-thermometer-plugin-for-wordpress/ourprogress.php on line 47 Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2638 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2722 Warning: fopen(/content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3306 Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3309 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3312 Notice: Undefined index: tab in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/viperbar/admin/admin_main.php on line 20 Notice: Undefined index: tab in /content/sites/b/h/bhesco.co.uk/web/wp-content/plugins/viperbar/admin/admin_main.php on line 44

What next?

Simon    247
Simon

Well all of those errors you are seeing are bad plugins, either turn off debug or disable them.

Looks like you deleted the whole pagelines-sections folder?

Anyway, you already said before that you cant upgrade for 2 reasons:

1. You wacky hosts file permissions break the wordpress upgrader.

2. Only having 32M is too restrictive.

brightgreenhomes    2
brightgreenhomes

no - didn't delete the whole pagelines-sections folder... pretty sure i didnt

so - i have talked to the support people there at the 'wacky' host... just so you know they say that their settings are set so that all of their hosted sites share 128M of PHP between them... this is how they are set up. They have over 0.5Mill hosted sites !!

They have never come across pagelines apparently and have never had this problem before.

Looks like I am going to have move the whole lot to the other hosting platform i use... what a pain in the ****

Simon    247
Simon

Sorry about that, I'll make a test script when I get home to test the actual memory.

brightgreenhomes    2
brightgreenhomes

er... sorry to sound stupid but i'm not sure how that works... can you walk me through it?

I think we have decided to move everything to a different host... nathan @namesco seemed to think this was out best bet too!

Simon    247
Simon

er... sorry to sound stupid but i'm not sure how that works... can you walk me through it?

I think we have decided to move everything to a different host... nathan @namesco seemed to think this was out best bet too!

LOL some salesman he is!!

OK create a new file in your blog folder, public_html or wherever index.php is, call it test.php and paste this into it: http://paste.pagelines.com/3ar@raw

then open that file in your browser http://www.brightgreenhomes.co.uk/test.php

brightgreenhomes    2
brightgreenhomes

I've done all these things and now it says error 404 file not found.

I have saved test.php (with all the text copied and pasted) to my host : web/ where the index.php file is.

this isn;t to do with the fact that we are doing this on the www.bhesco.co.uk website not the brightgreenhomes one?

brightgreenhomes    2
brightgreenhomes

just been to check the website and its stopped working again - the features are all spread out across the page and the post content gone to pot... argghhh,....

i'm going home - look at it again in the morning .... arghhh...

if you want to log in to the www.bhesco.co.uk/wp-admin then ####### is what you need...

Edited by Simon_P
This is a public forum, passwords are not advised ;) (see edit history)

brightgreenhomes    2
brightgreenhomes

Hi Simon,

so - I have begun the process of unravelling the problems with the site... deactivated the plugins and reactivated and this seems to have solved post of the issues.... seems the mailchimp plugin sending everything crazy...

Hope we are there now... I'm beginning the process of transferring the site...

Anthony Luth    1
Anthony Luth

Most webhosts do not set shared hosting to 128MB without request. This helps them maximize usage, so chances are namesco didn't have a grasp on the problem. Glad to hear you got the site up and running tho!

Use PageLines Drag & Drop Framework and WordPress to build professional websites faster, easier and better than ever before.

Wordpress Developer | Programmer | Enthusiast

@tonyluth | http://www.luthwedding.com

Danny    1,327
Danny

It would appear this issue has been resolved, if you have any further questions, reply here and we will reopen the topic.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny    1,327
Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!