pureandsimple

Show Full posts

pureandsimple    0
pureandsimple

Hello!

I have my site set up to show my most recent posts. I am using Magazine layout, but would like the first 3 posts to display the full text instead of the excerpts. I would still like to have the postclips/excerpts at the bottom. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks.

James B    436
James B

Hi there

Yes you can, if you go to Pagelines>Site Options>Blog and Posts, scroll down and you'll see a panel for full width posts in magazine mode. Select the required figure from the drop down and save :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bookandlatte    0
bookandlatte

Hi, that's actually not a solution. Newbie (and myself) are asking if the FULL post can be shown (not just full width). I'd like the first/top post to be show in full, and then be followed by clips. Or better yet, 1 full post, 2 full width clips, and then more regular clips. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

James B    436
James B

Ah I see, the option to show full post content is in the Pagelines>site options>blogs and posts tab too, but it will set all the posts in a particular area to full posts, you won't be able to select only the top two etc.

http://screencast.com/t/lMBle21aSlsZ

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      How can I remove the "next post" links below each post page? 
      https://queue-it.com/cdn-blog/
      Before we had a related post section, but I can't find it among any functions, widgets etc. 

• lutz
      By lutz
      Hi everybody,
      I use Pagelines for some years now, but for the first time I have to split up posts into several pages.
      Unfortunately, <!-- nextpage --> doesn't work.
      Can please someone help me, making that work?
      I don't have the time to change the theme and need the post split up because it would be way too long, espcially on mobile displays ...
      Thanks in anticipation!!!
    • Louis
      By Louis
      Hi, thanks for making such a wonderful theme :)

I set my website up nearly exact as I like it. 

Only problem is that on the homepage my post's text is indented as if there was a widget area in the left side but I only have one for the right side.

Here is what it looks like on the home page: www.gutjourney.com

When you click on the post, it looks like how I wish it looked (width wise)  (I still want to continue with the post previews on my home page). 

Can someone help me make my posts on my homepage line up to the left of my logo the same way they do on the actual post's page?

Thank you!

Louis
    • JimP
      By JimP
      Hi there - 
      First Question;
      I have changed the settings in the WP Dashboard/Settings/Reading for each article to "For each article in a feed, show" "Full Text"

However, only a summary version of the post shows up here; http://dwelltrade.com/blog   I would like to either

1) increase the amount of the post that is visible. Can I quantify by # of pixels or ?

or 

2) have the whole post visible in the main blog navigation window. 

Second question;
      When I click on a blog post, the blog header image, "disappears" on the individual blog post page such as; http://dwelltrade.com/italy-wine-cheese

Is there any easy way to ensure the main blog page image, is included at the top of all posts, categories URLS?

Thanks in advance  - I'm new at this. 
      Jim

• bloom1creative
      By bloom1creative+
      Hey

Having issues with the PostNav section.  I'm using it on custom post types with your Docker plugin, but on the first and last post of each Post Type, it displays the previous post and next post as a clone, so there are two of the same one.  You can see it on the following link:

http://www.ramemarketing.co.uk/contentstrategies/the-rame-blog/16-reasons-to-invest/16-reasons-invest-content-marketing/

Many thanks

Rob