Sign in to follow this  
hansinke

search background (loupe) too big causes problems in IE

hansinke    0
hansinke

The default icon that is used for the background in the search box is resized by css. But it does not work in IE8 (it stays the original size). Of course I can make a fix with a smaller image and a stylesheet change.

But it would be more practical that is be done in the default framework.

Can that be done?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I can't test this thoroughly due to being a Mac user. However, Adobe BrowserLab is showing the search image to be considerably larger on IE8.

I will bring this issue to the attention of our developers.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob    547
Rob

The topic was marked as resolved.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• jagipson
      By jagipson+
      Should be a simple answer but not sure why its not doing this.  I have a child theme installed on pagelines 5 that has a hook so it will write over the theme css. Strange is that when I am on the frontend the code works but in the dashboard your theme takes over my code and its no where to be found. See examples attachments
      @Andrew @Danny

• dloos
      By dloos+
      ONEPAGE has visual errors in IE, objects do not stay separated, and image elongated on next section.  Any Suggestions?  It is coming up with this error from Pagelines on site. 

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that? 
    • arno
      By arno+
      Site that looks great on other browser, are is rendered wrong on IE: http://foodfunded.us/
      We got multiple complaints.
      The height of sections is way too high. Not sure which section is causing the problem, as they are in containers.
      Or is the size of the images?

While most of us probably don't use IE, it might prevent professionals from getting client engagements with the PL5 tool, if the browsers don't have coverage.