Sign in to follow this  
webdivots

Blank featue added in IE7

webdivots

This one is driving me crazy. The features run fine on the home page in Firefox (v2demo.hinghamjewelers.com) but in IE7, an extra blank feature is added. But it is only added the second time you visit the page after rebooting. The first time it shows the correct features. When you revisit HOME or even close the tab and go back to the site,it adds the blank feature. Using firebug, I can see that the source code in IE7 has an extra commented div after the last feature div and before the closing </div> for the featurearea div. In the Pagelines demo, they work fine and the extra div looks like this:

<! class="ie7_anon ie7_class12" id="ie7_pseudo7" style="clear: both; display: block; visibility: hidden; overflow: hidden; height: 0px; content: .">.</!>
When mine is broken, it looks like:
<! class="ie7_anon ie7_class12" id="ie7_pseudo7" style="clear: both; display: block; z-index: 6; left: 0px; visibility: hidden; overflow: hidden; width: 4px; zoom: 1; position: absolute; top: 0px; height: 0px; content: ." cycleh="0" cyclew="4" jquery1281300803531="6">.</!>

The inserted code looks like an additional feature item to the browser but it is blank. Anyone have any idea how to eliminate this?? I have changed some CSS files and the sequence of the CSS files but I haven't changed the js file that (I think) creates this line.

cmunns

That link didn't work, however, we've heard this before (but not with the issue specifically being caused on the second visit) Normally, the problem is incomplete markup somewhere in the previous feature panel. Make sure all the code is closed and complete in each feature. IE doesn't autoclose tags like other browsers

webdivots

Thanks for the comment. The site is now live at hinghamjewelers.com but we are still fighting that blank feature. Can't seem to find any open code. Appreciate any other suggestions.

cmunns

Indeed I checked the validator and didn't see too much of concern. Try changing your `&` (ampersands) in the feature slides to html versions. Also, double check to see if there any feature slides marked as drafts, and if so try deleting them.