theTimHunter

Where to insert code?

theTimHunter    1
theTimHunter

Hello all,

I am working on a site and I currently have some transitions set using CSS. Obviously these don't work in IE b/c it is the spawn of satan. In any event, I wanted to use some javascript for the fade-in/out on the images. Where do I put that in pagelines? The images are located in the home page content area...

ellelothlorien.com

Thanks,

Tim

theTimHunter    1
theTimHunter

Hey Catrina,

i don't have it yet, i was going to get something online. i really could use some help though, because I am a total newb when it comes to javascript. thanks.

catrina    103
catrina

I can't say where the Javascript should be placed if I don't know the instructions for that specific code. Usually, Javascript needs to be implemented by uploading certain files or editing existing code. Does this code require that you add it to any specific place within the code?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Simon    247
Simon

The topic was marked as resolved.

theTimHunter    1
theTimHunter

I can't say where the Javascript should be placed if I don't know the instructions for that specific code. Usually, Javascript needs to be implemented by uploading certain files or editing existing code. Does this code require that you add it to any specific place within the code?

I'm looking to incorporate a mouse over hover javascript. It should be a real train wreck...thinking of starting with this code:http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/rollovers.shtml

Thanks

Tim

Simon    247
Simon

Every PageLines Framework page has jQuery loaded by default, most of the sections require it to some degree, so your better off looking for some jQuery code.

theTimHunter    1
theTimHunter

Every PageLines Framework page has jQuery loaded by default, most of the sections require it to some degree, so your better off looking for some jQuery code.

Thanks Simon. I will search for that. Thanks for all your guidance, I appreciate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      I am trying to clone a container on a page. It throws the following javascript error:
      function l(b, c, e, f) { var g = m.a.f.get(b, p); if (!c) { if (g) throw Error("You cannot apply bindings multiple times to the same element."); m.a.f.set(b, p, !0) } I would appreciate guidance and a fix. Thank you
    • Jeremiah
      By Jeremiah+
      Error: editing.js?ver=930684:5 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getData' of undefined
      I have all of the plugins disabled and I still receive the error.
      Page Editor will not load on page.

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Can someone give me a breakthrough out here?
      I have been on the media player for like 5 hours now yet it is still not displaying on my media box or the textbox,
      its a free media player on soundclound
      Great day ahead to the developers out here...
      am trying to install the Toneden media player https://www.toneden.io/player to display my songs on sound cloud, i followed everything on the doc, but obviuosly am missing something i did everything i can for 5 hours yet no breakthrough, am using the textbox as display.
      This is the html script i used, what am i missing here? see it below
        (function() { var script = document.createElement('script') script.type = 'text/javascript'; script.async = true; script.src = 'http://sd.toneden.io/production/toneden.loader.js' var entry = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; entry.parentNode.insertBefore(script, entry); }()); ToneDenReady = window.ToneDenReady || []; ToneDenReady.push(function() { ToneDen.player.create({''enter code here'' dom: '#player', urls: [''https://soundcloud.com/reginaspektor'' ] }); });
    • wesleymusgrove
      By wesleymusgrove
      I'm trying to execute some simple JavaScript inline in the style.less file of my child theme.  But it causes some LESS compiler error and completely breaks the DMS editor so I can't edit anything or use the toolbar on the frontend.
      @all-background-colors: "#D09EC8,#F2DD8B,#84e0cd,#F3904E"; @background-color: color(~`@{all-background-colors}.split(',')[Math.floor(Math.random()*@{all-background-colors}.split(',').length)]`); body { background: @background-color; } On http://less2css.org/, this snippet works and randomly changes the body's background to 1 of the 4 colors in @all-background-colors.
      Even something as simple as this anonymous function breaks the compiler:
      @color: ~`(function(){ return "red"; })()`; body { background: @color; } The only way to fix the DMS editor is to remove the JS from my style.less file, and then edit and save the LESS fallback section in the dashboard.
      I tried setting PL_LESS_DEV in my wp-config.php according to http://www.pagelinestheme.com/dms-custom-less-tips/, but it doesn't clear the cache every page refresh like it's supposed to.
      define('PL_LESS_DEV',true); Is it possible to execute this kind of JavaScript in the style.less file of a DMS child theme?
    • jfsturtz
      By jfsturtz
      Hi again.

I'm aspiring to place an image on a page with a MediaBox, then define an HTML image map (<map>, <area> ...), then define an HTML <canvas> over it, then draw on the canvas with custom javascript.

Before I spring $25 -- is Hooker the right guy for this job?  I know you can't support custom script; I'm fine with that -- I've got it all developed and working in JSFiddle.  I just want to know if Hooker is the right (or at least a workable) way to integrate it into my DMS2 site.

Thanks.

/John